Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • PSA: London Road – Todmorden/Hebden – being fixed eventually.
  • chipps

If you’ve ridden London Road (Pennine Bridleway below Stoodley Pike) you might have noticed that it’s, quite frankly, broken. A digger/several diggers have churned it up beyond easy repair and made it a right arse in either direction. I’ve done some digging and discovered many things.

1. It was Northern Power Grid (formerly YEDL) contractors working on buried cables that inadvertently churned half a mile or so of Pennine Bridleway trail up in early autumn.
    2. Although nothing appears to have been done, Calderdale Council have met with Northern Power Grid, who have stuck their hands up about and and they’re committed to fixing it.
    3. However, it won’t be quick. Because of several things – like the repair having to be put out to tender, the site being a SSSI in places and, well, it being councils and contractors and utilities… there’s going to be something done in the next four weeks to make it a little better and then it’s going to be weather dependent for the proper, restorative work.

Yorkshire-Pudding
    Free Member

can they fix the ‘tunnel of love’ while they’re at it?

wwaswas

So any prosecution re: damage to a SSSI?

steel4real
    Free Member

Good work Chipps, the disruption to that bridleway has really arsed up some of my regular routes.

I guess we’ll just have to wait for mother nature to address it’s own destruction of the path err I mean ‘trail’ at old chamber commonly known as you’re name sake 😉

Also what about the quite apalling sanitisation or whatever is going on at the brideleway from roughly Egypt to Gorple cottages – what next …. tarmac ??? (and people wonder why we’re often riding ‘footpaths’ )

chipps

If ‘the tunnel of love’ is that track that goes into the woods under an old packhorse bridge, that’s now got 6ft rocky holes in it, then they are now aware of it and will hopefully be getting stuff sorted.

On that note, I see that there’s a ‘Ride Calderdale’ group now set up on Facebook. It’s aim is to help liaise between mountain bikers and the Rights of Way folks so that the riders can tell ROW about problems and to see about getting ‘sympathetic’ repairs to trails.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘PSA: London Road – Todmorden/Hebden – being fixed eventually.’ is closed to new replies.