Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • PSA: London cyclists
  • ti_pin_man
    Free Member

BBC extra cops at dodgy junctions

I think even though they say they might advise road users to help them stay safe, I don think they’ll be stopping many cars/lorrys in rush hour, just the cyclists. hmmm. just ban lorry’s in rush hour FFS.

SamB
    Free Member

Ah – so that’s what all the flouro-vested police folk were doing. Saw a load out this morning at the junction of Holloway Road and Seven Sisters Road. TBH I think that’s one of the safer junctions – it’s busy, true, but the road is wide with good sightlines and the traffic signals are well spaced out. Only nasty bit IMO is heading westbound down to Camden, with a filter lane on the left just after the lights.

Still – if it helps educate people (drivers OR cyclists!) then hopefully that will help reduce casualties in the capital.

Scapegoat

Funny that, loads of folk bitchin’ on the other thread that they haven’t seen an increased police presence, then this bitchin’ that they won’t be stopping the real villains……. how the **** are they supposed to get it right? 😀

Scapegoat

Meanwhile on the M6 there’s as police car doing **** all. 🙄

jekkyl

Scapegoat – Member
    Meanwhile on the M6 there’s as police car doing **** all

Little bit of a silly thing to say. Could be waiting for the target car to drive past full of guns and drugs. Could be looking for speeding motorbikes. Could be listening to thought for the day on Radio4, while eating KFC. How do you know what they were doing as you drove past?

Scapegoat

Little bit of a silly thing to say. Could be waiting for the target car to drive past full of guns and drugs. Could be looking for speeding motorbikes. Could be listening to thought for the day on Radio4, while eating KFC. How do you know what they were doing as you drove past?

Sorry, it was in response to another poster moaning about all the cars parked up in a depot near Preston not enforcing the law as he thought they should. Yes, I admit it was silly, as it may make him feel bad about how we’ve received his post.

I shall go and wear my hair shirt.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘PSA: London cyclists’ is closed to new replies.