Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • PSA Lidl work stand in this weeks offers
  • mikemorini
    Free Member

In Lidl this morning and picked one of their bike work stands up for £30.

surprisingly weighty and well made.
    certainly sufficient for the occasional home mechanic.

Mike

fasthaggis

Is this the same as the Aldi one Mike ?

I missed the Aldi offers one last week

Coyote
    Free Member

Can’t remember which one I got but I have been well pleased. The clamp can slip a little on occasion but for the money it’s awesome.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    fasthaggis
    mikemorini
    Free Member

Thats the one.

federalski
    Free Member

Think I’ll head up and have a look, thanks.
    Sick of using my turbo as a makeshift stand…

aazlad
    Free Member

I got one last year. Very pleased with it.

TiRed

It’s a nice piece of kit that I use daily. Mind you I also use the turbo as a stand too. For £30 you can’t go wrong.

thetallpaul
    Free Member

Anyone have an opinion on the quality of the cycling 3/4 length shorts?

zippykona

Shorts are good. Not as thick as endura but that’s good as I wear them when its hot.

thetallpaul
    Free Member

Cheers. Popping up after work.

federalski
    Free Member

Just in from Lidl and set it up.
    As said it is really bulky, in a good solid way though.
    The clamps are a doddle to use also and well made.
    Well pleased, big thanks to the original poster.

sweepy
    Free Member

I got one a few years ago and while its OK I wouldn’t buy it again. It wont hold a bike by the seatpost securely and I suspect that the only reason its lasted this long is because I don’t use it if I can get away with leaning the bike up against the wall or turning it over.

bigbadbob
    Free Member

Why won’t it hold a bike via the seat post, that is how you are supposed to clamp a bike to these things.
    I was going to get one, but not sure now.

DezB
    Free Member

Why won’t it?? – clamp looks the same as my workstand and that holds by a seatpost just fine.

[edit] Although the Lidl one looks like it’s got a QR…

ninfan
    Free Member

Well, I put mine on the (lidl) stand by the seatpost last night, and it was fine (and yes, its got a QR clamp)

OK, its not quite the Pedros ones I used to use at work – but it was nigh on a tenth of the price of one!

bigblackshed

They are good value. Holds a bike fine by the seat post. Can twist a little. But if you’re that worried drill through the clamp and put a big bolt through.

Or clamp on the top tube near the seat post.

andeh

Bought one last year, has been great so far. QR clamp holds the seatpost no problem, not sure what Sweepy is on about.

For £30 you really can’t complain. The clamp can spin if the weight is unbalanced, but it’s only a minor problem. Mine gets used fairly regularly for building full bikes, fixing stuff, and servicing forks.

justatheory
    Free Member

I got one last year and it’s been great after a modification. The clamp was rotating when gripped by the seat tube, so I drilled a hole through and put a bolt through to secure it. It’s been great ever since.

sweepy
    Free Member

Well mine hasn’t a quick release so it might be different, looks very similar otherwise tho.
    With mine the clamp would swivel so the bike went nose down. I bolted through to stop it but the clamp jaws aren’t really up to the strain and are deforming, and you have to do it up so tight that the handwheel cracked so now I have to use a spanner. I do hope they have improved them, but mine was supposed to make fettling easier, whereas in reality it just added another layer of hassle.

kayak23

drill through the clamp and put a big bolt through.

That’s what I did with mine from last year. Fine since.

bigbadbob
    Free Member

Got mine the other day, and it works fine, just be careful loading the bike onto it.

ransos
    Free Member

I bought one last year – it’s very stable and holds the seatpost fine.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘PSA Lidl work stand in this weeks offers’ is closed to new replies.