Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • PSA – LIDL compressors
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Yeah Im always reaching for the compressor to blow my tyres up…

pistonbroke
    Free Member

You would be if running tubeless, I use mine all the time.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    uplink
    Free Member

I use mine loads for general workshop use blowing shit out and cleaning etc.

foxyrider
    Free Member

I used mine loads over the last week doing 5 tubeless tyres! (well UST and non-UST setups)

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Yeah Im always reaching for the compressor to blow my tyres up…

I thought that, but then a SKS track pump is in the same ballpark of money. and this will be less effort.

and……

I could probably do without a second rim strip if I could inflate the tyres faster, saving ~30g/wheel so thats about £1/gram saved, which seems to be the point most people give up saving weight.

and…..

Compressed air is usefull for loads of things, like cleaning, powering tools, spraying etc. Although that compressor will struggle to run more than an airbrushing spray gun rather than a full on car spraying kit.

footflaps

I use one for my tyres – really handy for tubeless.

As for blowing things up, you use a Pressure gauge hand release for it…

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

“I thought that, but then a SKS track pump is in the same ballpark of money”

really mine was about £10 from Decathlon and has been going for years so far.

I stand correct though on pumping tyres up, Im still back in the good old days using tubes

footflaps

scruff
    Free Member

I got one last time, great for drying chains etc after washing prior to a lube-fest and I look forward to changing tyres. Bloody noisy though.

And you can do car tyres with it.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Its only a PSA dudes – don’t have to buy one 🙂

uplink
    Free Member

You see, when I posted a similar PSA a few hours ago for the same thing, I never got flamed 🙂

Sundayjumper

“Bloody noisy though”

Yep. I bought a compressor a few years ago and used it about twice just for the novelty before getting fed up with the deafening racket it made.

foxyrider
    Free Member

You see, when I posted a similar PSA a few hours ago for the same thing, I never got flamed

Did I do somink wrong then – I just posted it – perhaps the picture inflamed it 😉

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

really mine was about £10 from Decathlon and has been going for years so far.

no you bought a decathlon one, this is an SKS one, £114*!

http://www.jtote.com/product_info.php/sks-rennkompressor-floor-pump-p-518766?currency=GBP&osCsid=7os4he9u69ifsrgetrieop78v3

*possibly not worth every penny, and the lidle compressor won’t do 250psi

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘PSA – LIDL compressors’ is closed to new replies.