Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • PSA Lidl bike stuff
  • sparkyrhino

17/3 cycle stuff in’t lidl,gillet looks ok.

jekkyl

The saddle bag toolkit looks like junk that will break with any force, Ok for occasional bicyclists I expect though.

ads678

I’ve got one of the gillets and they’re alright, fairly wind proof. wear it regularly on the commute.
    socks are always good. the leggings are ok, bit lightweight but ok for the price. for £7 the track pumps are bloody great.
    Mine met a sad fate against the garage wall when something wasn’t going right, so i need a new one!!

IHN

Anyone know what the pannier bags are like (with an eye to my imminent possible commute)

Jamie
    Free Member

I was hoping the shades would be the multi-lens ones. Might still be worth a look.

Muke
    Free Member

No spd shoes 🙁

After some cheap shoes and the last Lidl pair I bought to get through winter lasted a few years

sandwicheater

Got some shades last year. Can’t fault them.

jimster01

The helmets are ideal for commuting too.

jekkyl

On the info for the helmet it says: ‘Suitable for Presta, Dunlop and American valve types’ :os

hs125
    Free Member

The saddle bag is ideal for commuting. The sort of thing you can leave on the bike with a tube in it and not worry if it gets nicked. I’ve not needed to use the tools (or tube) in over a year though.
    Does anyone have any experience of the lights. I thought they may do as backup be seen lights for the commuter for unexpected late finishes.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

Aldi bike stuff seems to follow Lidl by 3 or 4 weeks and is way better IME (although the £7 track pump was ok)

Basil

£2.99 for a happy ending looks good.

hot_fiat

Got myself one of the track pumps today. Was just going to strip it for the multi-way head but have decided it can live in the shed alongside the silca. Seems to be much higher volume than the silca and so might be better at seating tubeless.

jambourgie
    Free Member

I got one today also. However mine was £5.99 ❓

Looks good though.

butcher

I bought a track pump from Lidl a few years ago. For a fiver it was excellent, but started falling to bits after a while. Bell one from ASDA is far superior, though twice the price!

CountZero

I got one of the Lidl/Aldi ones several years ago, after my venerable old Specialized one crapped out. Only problem I had was the piston head came off of the shaft, the crimping wasn’t up to much, so I just roughed it up a bit and stuck some quick set epoxy on it, works a treat.

takisawa2

Ditto the Bell track pump, from Asda.
    Has lasted nearly 10yrs now.

JCL
    Free Member

What a load of junk.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

The jerseys are nice. Didn’t rate the panniers, gloves or saddlebag though

benp1

Went last night, picked up a short sleeve jersey for £7 and a couple of the bike hoists to try out

Plus some sunflower seed bread which I’m eating right now, seriously good

mudshark
    Free Member

The toolkits really good, saw it in Leatherhead store for £20, but it’s not on the website. Similar to this from Decathlon:

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/full-tool-box-id_4760419.html

iamroughrider
    Free Member

the glasses are spot on – had similiar ones from them before and they have proved brilliant/ The styles for each colour are different too, ensuring a slightly different fit to suit all. £3 for a pair of polycarbinate lensed, good fitting / looking shades with great vision / lenses – tough too.

My local one also has good quality (i think) and german made ( i think )cycling multi tools for £2. Loads of different allen bolts, loads of nut heads and extension for sockets, and torx bolt and posidrive

Also look at the website for car accessories coming soon – £16 torque wrenches if you need one.

oldfart

I’ve got a saddle bag / toolkit looks uncannily like a Topeak , Major flaw is the crappy clamp to the saddle , rubbish ratchet type affair that won’t hold it in place ! Been in a cupboard since I bought it , tools don’t look too bad though for occasional use .

saladdodger
    Free Member

the Lidl work stands are brilliant but not for sale this time around

evita4
    Free Member

I purchased a Lidl track pump today as it was described as being compatible with Presta Valves. I discovered that no air could be delivered from the dual outlet adaptor port which was meant to fit onto Presta Valves. I returned it to the Lidl store believing it was a fault with the particular pump I had bought, only to discover that the next one I tried exhibited exactly the same problem.
    WARNING – Do not purchase this latest Lidl Track pump if you wish to use it for Presta Valves. It does not work!

pictonroad

I popped in for a look, really can’t see the difference between the Lidl helmet at £10 and most £50 helmets tbh.

paladin

My lidl track pump doesn’t work unless the dual head is the right way up

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘PSA Lidl bike stuff’ is closed to new replies.