Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • PSA – Lego 911GT3 £146* at argos
  • whatgoesup

£220 but included in the “buy two get one free” promotion.

whatgoesup

Bump

Jamie
    Free Member

So I’d have to buy 3 to get it for £146?

Erm…bargain?

Cougar

Ebay then?

whatgoesup

Fair enough. Thought there were enough fans around that a group purchase would be appealing. Sounds like not.

Del

200 quid for a lumpy model?

whatgoesup

Cougar – sorry misinterpreted your post – it was a suggestion of how it make it work I assume.

Jamie
    Free Member

200 quid for a lumpy model?

To be fair, they are a work of art.

tomhoward

I think toys r us are still knocking them out for £170 each? Could be wrong though

whatgoesup

Yep – 170 at toys r us so not worth the bother.

In still torn though – the engineering is fantastic – double clutch gearbox and all but it’s still a bit fugly on the outside

tomhoward

It’s not once you’ve invested time and love into it, your mind smooths the edges and it looks loads better sat on a table in front of you

Or get the merc truck

Del

To be fair, they are a work of art

Hmm. I can’t dispute that that, but still, no.

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

I’ve noticed that John Lewis has some new kits and is out-of-stock on a number of items – looks like grabbing the Porsche from Argos might be the last chance to get one.

I think this looks cooler

Cougar

Fair enough. Thought there were enough fans around that a group purchase would be appealing. Sounds like not.

STW denizens have a range of talents and experience. I’m not aware that telepathy ranks amongst them. (And, y’know, if it did, we should already know…)

Cougar – sorry misinterpreted your post – it was a suggestion of how it make it work I assume.

Yeah, if your pockets were deep enough, you could buy three, hawk the other two on ebay and get free Lego.

Or of course, assuming demand you could buy three, whack ’em all straight on ebay and walk away with £220. Rinse and repeat.

njee20
    Free Member

Quite a few on eBay at £175, so not great money by the time you’ve given away £20 to fees & PayPal. Sure if you can tie the money up for a while then they’ll go up.

It’s just a crazy amount of money to spend!

whatgoesup

Woah…. Dudes…. (Cougar – claws in please!)

I just spotted what I thought might be good deal. On second thoughts it’s barely worth it – better just buy one from toys r us than mess around with group purchase of 3 from argos.

Sorry for mentioning it. 😉

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Lego 911GT3 £146* at argos’ is closed to new replies.