Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • PSA – Kyle Strait's £20 from Cycling Weekly Shop
  • nano
    Free Member

S, M, L available

£2.99 P&P

Thought they had been discontinued so a bit of a result 🙂

billyboulders
    Free Member

Ordered – good shout, ta.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Tom83

Gah, just ordered some other pads… Might have to get some for spares, Thanks OP 🙂

andyl
    Free Member

How do they size up?

tony07
    Free Member

excellent psa. been looking new pads for a while.

andyl
    Free Member

Ended up going for large, cheers OP. Been meaning to buy something for a while but most are almost double this so not bothered.

Mowgli
    Free Member

Thanks – had been looking for some of these.

I take it the shop is legit? Payment page was a bit old fashioned/glitchy!

Cheers

xcentric
    Free Member

done. Can’t go wrong. Unless I actually use them, when I clearly would have gone wrong…..

nuke

<Sigh> Bit awkward having to explain to the wife why you’re sat in front of the laptop with your trousers down and a tape measure in your hand.

I went with small 🙁

widge34
    Free Member

nuke – Member
    <Sigh> Bit awkward having to explain to the wife why you’re sat in front of the laptop with your trousers down and a tape measure in your hand.

I went with small

^^^^
    nuke.This made me laugh, because thats exactly what happened to me this afternoon.

bokonon
    Free Member

I had a look at the sizing chart I could find and decided I was XL, then discovered they don’t have them in XL. I’ve never been XL for anything in my life.

How do they size up? (anyone?)

barty81
    Free Member

ordered some earlier as well. their probably only got 3 of each size in stock..could be some tears

composite
    Free Member

Does any one if these are the same as the 661 Rage? They look so similar, as in exactly the same…. almost.

nano
    Free Member

Read it in the magazine so safe to assume its OK.

Got a bad feeling I might be better off with XL but at £20 felt it was worth a punt on the size L

elredso
    Free Member

Thanks for this – been watching loads of these on ebay as they are no longer being made – riot didn’t get as good a review , despite being the replacements for them ,apparently they are a fair bit stiffer / bulkier

eviljoe
    Free Member

Great PSA!

Having spent £20 on protecting my knees I will now not fall off for the next 12 months, or until I forget the pads…. 🙄

granny_ring

Thanks OP

jools182
    Free Member

bloody hell, just ordered some nukeproof ones at £40

Tom-B
    Free Member

Bah it wont accpet my card details 🙁

theendisnigh
    Free Member

My card was accepted, not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing, I don’t actually need any more knee pads….. My thighs are size small and my calves are size large, so I’ve gone for medium.

eyerideit
    Free Member

Just ordered some thanks?

Hopefully they’ll fit really well and stop me buying some POCs

andrewh
    Free Member

Cheers OP, very useful.
    Fractured kneecap at the begining of Dec, back on the bike again now but wearing a rather uncomfy skateboard pad on the damaged right knee. i look a prat but don’t care, used it once already coming off on the ice.
    Unsure of size, 5’11” but built like a twig so gone for medium.
    If anyone is the same position as me I will shortly have a left pad going spare?

composite
    Free Member

elredso – Member
    riot didn’t get as good a review , despite being the replacements for them ,apparently they are a fair bit stiffer / bulkier

A pair of the 661 Rage (large) arrived today and I tried them on and think they are possible very slightly to big. I feel I want them just slightly tighter than the Velcro will allow, especially if they stretch at all. They were pretty comfortable though and I thought they were flexy enough in the right places. I got my jeans back on over the top as well so they can’t be that much more bulky. I don’t wear my sisters jeans though. 😀

I’ve now ordered a medium in the Kyle Straits so I’ll keep which ever fits best.

edoverheels
    Free Member

Thanks for the tip. Just got a pair. Recent CRC offer on 661 stuff didn’t have my size.

composite
    Free Member

edoverheels – Member

Thanks for the tip. Just got a pair. Recent CRC offer on 661 stuff didn’t have my size.

That’s why I ended up with the large 661 Rage. I knew I was right on the boarder line so thought I may as well give the cheaper size a go first. 🙂

andyl
    Free Member

nuke – Member

I went with small

😆

OH walked past me as I had my trousers down in the office doing likewise. She didn’t bat an eyelid though, kind of used to this kind of behaviour.

benmotogp46
    Free Member

I’ve just stuck my order in for some Mediums.

It’ll be interesting to see if they can fulfill all the orders….

andyl
    Free Member

In the same boat as composite – got some large Riots from CRC but they feel too big in the knee cap area. The top and bottom fit snug though so maybe my legs are a tad bigger. Wondering if I should have ordered medium in these but out of stock now. If anyone gets mediums and they are no good then give me a shout.

whattyre
    Free Member

Same as Andy but large needed here 😀

richi
    Free Member

they all say out of stock now so unlucky

vincienup
    Free Member

@ Andyl: I tried large Riots and large Rages on same day same shop

Riots were sloppy fitting and didn’t feel like they would stay in place. Rages fit like a glove. The strap system is slightly different. Well worth the Extra tenner or so to me. Different leg shapes may find differently.

andyl
    Free Member

ahh sorry, it is rages I have. They feel like a nappy with a plastic bowl inside poorly strapped to my kneecap.

composite
    Free Member

andyl – Member

In the same boat as composite – got some large Riots from CRC but they feel too big in the knee cap area. The top and bottom fit snug though so maybe my legs are a tad bigger. Wondering if I should have ordered medium in these but out of stock now. If anyone gets mediums and they are no good then give me a shout.

They were sort of snug, I think if the Velcro was half as long again then they would be perfect considering I think they might stretch a little. Thought the knee cap was marginally large as well. Very small margins though, so I may end up with a pair of mediums that are no good. If so then you called it first. 🙂

EDIt: I looked at the Riot as well but decided I wanted Velcro top and bottom.

Random
    Free Member

Some advice for Kyle Strait newbies – fasten the bottom Velcro but don’t fasten the top Velcro. They will stay in place but rub far less. I find third consecutive day riding and the rubbing becomes unpleasant but for one day or weekend riding, no problems.
    I have worn mine on ever ride since a crash three years ago and they are getting very tatty now!
    For anyone ordering and not so handy with a tape measure, just decide whether your calves are S, M or L – that is the crucial dimension.

jools182
    Free Member

anyone received these yet?

eyerideit
    Free Member

Not heard a peep from them since Friday, they’re probably wading through a tsunami of orders.

No money taken from my account as yet either.

Duane…
    Free Member

Ordered a small pair on Friday, money taken out of account yesterday. Rang today to check if they’d been dispatched, turns out they’re out of stock, person who took my order obviously didn’t realise, very apologetic, and will be refunded.

Anyone got any small Kyle Straits (or similar) for sale?

eyerideit
    Free Member

Ordered a small pair on Friday, money taken out of account yesterday. Rang today to check if they’d been dispatched, turns out they’re out of stock, person who took my order obviously didn’t realise, very apologetic, and will be refunded.

What time Friday did you order?

I ordered small as well, so If by some freak chance I get mine and I’m not happy with them you’re welcome to them.

widge34
    Free Member

Anyone received their Kyle straits yet. Ordered mine Thursday, money has gone from my account, but still no pads.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Kyle Strait's £20 from Cycling Weekly Shop’ is closed to new replies.