Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • PSA – Jetboil Minimo £89 @ Cotswold Outdoor
  • zilog6128

http://www.cotswoldoutdoor.com/jetboil-minimo-cooking-system-D3212183?loc=sub

Vaguely had my eye on one of these for a while but the price put me off! Couldn’t resist at this price though so ordered it last week & picked it up yesterday along with the coffee press (which works well btw!)

Seems like a great bit of kit even compared to other Jetboils as the shape of the cup is better for eating out of, plus has simmer control, so can actually be used for cooking rather than just heating water.

jam-bo

mine just turned up. 12 days after ordering and only after hassling them yesterday it was magically on next day delivery.

jam-bo

i nearly cancelled the order and got go-outdoors to price match -10%. they have them in stock at my local store.

zilog6128

They went out of stock last week before I ordered and when they were back in only had the option for collect from store. Took a while to come in & all the other bits (coffee press, gas canisters) turned up at random other times!

I did consider Go Outdoors price match, but they don’t actually stock that colour so depends who you get on the till as to whether they allow it or not! No harm in being cheeky & trying though I suppose!

verses

I’ve been weighing up the Alpkit equivalent. Is the Jetboil worth the extra?

BoardinBob

Alpkit Brukit for a couple of years. Absolutely faultless and boils superfast. Can’t understand paying double for maybe a slightly faster boil.

zilog6128

The difference with the Minimo is that you have much more control over the temperature so it’s useful for actual cooking rather than just boiling water (which is something the Brukit & other Jetboils lack AFAIK)

jam-bo

make myself a cup of coffee in my shed today. 0.5l boiled a lot quicker than I was expecting and it was easy to get a nice simmer on with the control. I’m impressed anyway.

theboyneeds
    Free Member

Just abandoned my 10 yr old jetboil because they’ve stopped supplying the parts. I have to buy and entire base unit now because my clicky lighter thing has broken. Cost – £39. Cost of an entire new Alpkit Brukit – £39.

The Brukit is a bit flimsier but I only use it a dozen times a year on camping trips so no brainer realy.

jam-bo

Box of matches?

fudge9202
    Free Member

Back up to £140

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Jetboil Minimo £89 @ Cotswold Outdoor’ is closed to new replies.