Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • PSA: IT Jobs going in the North West
  • samuri
    Free Member

As a result of an insourcing policy decision we have 15 jobs going in IT. Since *apparently* everyone here works in IT this should be good news for you guys.

The jobs range from network engineers, application programmers, wintel and unix engineers. These are all hands on techy jobs, no managerial places. Some may have on call and out of hours arrangements associated with them.

The jobs will all be based in Warrington on a very nice campus out of town working for a FTSE100 company who probably don’t pay top wack but do provide good working conditions and an excellent package. I really enjoy working here as do lots of others. Rough figures are £26k to £33k plus whatever package you can get. Annual bonus payments are usually good, award winning pension, excellent training etc etc.

None of these jobs are working for me 😉

Cycling facilities are quite good with lockers, storage facilities and showers in most buildings. Many off road and quiet routes here from surrounding areas. I cycle in 15 miles every day when I can and love it.

Interested? Email me on samur2@hotmail.com and I’ll pass you details of the jobs you are interested in and how to apply.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

ased in Warrington on a very nice campus out of town

Birchwood?

samuri
    Free Member

No

nbt

Ohh, if we can advertise jobs we need some c# programmers on the other side of That Manchester (Hyde). Similar package for programmers, more for senior guys. Mail in profile 😉

br
    Free Member

no managerial places

What, no place for the Santa Cruz owning Audi driving masses that are STW?

samuri
    Free Member

I’m not advertising jobs, I’m trying to help people out. 😉
    Lots of unemployment going on you know.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I think you mean 5 owners there 🙂

If it’s not Birchwood it must be Ikea 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Whats the recruiter bonus 😉

samuri
    Free Member

What, no place for the Santa Cruz owning Audi driving masses that are STW?

Top of my head, the associated managerial staff for these roles drive some kind of people mover, an old beemer and a vectra. Granted, the unix manager does drive an Audi but he’s only into TT’s, not mountain biking. (he is very fast though)

samuri
    Free Member

I get nothing for this Mike. Helping people out, see 😉

wonkey_donkey
    Free Member

ygm

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Fair enough just pop something in the jar 😉 we are keeping this up the top anyway!!

Want to run down the other top features of Warrington? I liked the motorways 🙂

bearnecessities

I like BWP. Nice duck pond.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and pie & chips with UKAEA cutlery

samuri
    Free Member

Do you like power stations? Or Widnes?
    Warrington has a mention in the doomsday book. Rugby?

It’s near Wales, Delamare and Rivington. An hour from the peaks and from the lakes with the bustling cosmopolitan cities of Manchester and Liverpool not 30 minutes in each direction.

It can’t get much better than all of that.

mudshark
    Free Member

Not Risley business park then? I worked there at BNFL on my placement and was glad to get out as wasn’t too keen on Warrington but then got sent to a different company there whilst working for a consultancy a few years later.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Thats Birchwood, Hinton House? Which floor?

samuri
    Free Member

Did they make you work at the radioactive warehouse up the road at all?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

There is a chunk buried under the birchwood park 🙂 was always amused that the canteen was the exact copy of the one at Sellafield

mudshark
    Free Member

Hinton House? Can’t remember – this was 92/93. There was the main building that looked quite new but I was in an old building kinda out the back somewhere. It had some sort of secure courtyard and one time a lorry carrying something dodgy came to stay the night and we had loads of wimin protestors hassling us as we went into the office. Building was quite interesting as it had one of those carousel things instead of lifts. Fun to use as it never stops, once went over the top and thought it would turn upside down.

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

YGM

beagle
    Free Member

I’m not in IT but well done to the OP for this. 8) and a virtual high 5

Lived In Stockton Heath for a year. Great little place, some great riding well within an hour too. Nice road & cx routes from the door as well.

ononeorange

Good man, op. I wish I wasn’t the only one on here not working in IT right now.

Mud shark – you mean Chadwick House.

Decent facilities for bike commuters these days, but still a seriously boring place to work.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘PSA: IT Jobs going in the North West’ is closed to new replies.