Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • PSA: ISAs
  • GrahamS

If there are any savers left in the current climate then this is a quick reminder that you only have a few days left to create a 2008/2009 ISA.

Use it or lose it.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/best-cash-isa

GrahamS

Just me that left it this late then?

Or does no one else have any money left to save anyway?

tyger
    Free Member

Can you only have 1 ISA per person?

woody2000

tyger – yes. Open 1 per tax year though AFAIK?

GrahamS

Yep, from the moneysavingexpert article:

Only one Cash ISA per year.

You can only have a Cash ISA with one provider in any tax year – you can’t split it. However you can hold cash-ISAs from different years with different providers.

This tax year is about to end – hence the rush if, like me, you haven’t taken one this year yet.

andywhit
    Free Member

Cheers, keep forgetting to sort one out this yr! 🙂

mudshark
    Free Member

I’ve taken one out for my both my wife and me and will do the same for the next financial year soon; they pay more than my mortgage costs me so a no brainer!

Dougal
    Free Member

1 of each type per person, in which you can invest £3600 per year (this will go upto £4000 for 2010/2011 IIRC).

There are two types, standard Cash ISA and a Stocks and Shares ISA, so if you had one of each, you could dave £7200/year tax free.

finbar
    Free Member

What i’m wondering is, do i open my 2009/10 ISA soon or wait for interest rates to bump up a bit so i can get a better rate?

coffeeking
    Free Member

I’m no finances man, but that looks to me like the Barclays one can be used similarly to a normal bank account (other than not being able to withdraw and then re-pay-in) with no loss of interest (@3.6%). this could be handy, I have some cash stacked aside currently and need it to be earning more than the 0.03% its getting now but may need it in the near future.

Might apply!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘PSA: ISAs’ is closed to new replies.