Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • PSA: Important info for owners of the older PS3's
  • Creg
    Creg

shite, meant to be in chat. Apologies folks.

Possible for the mods to move this?

Drac

Don't Panic Don't Panic.

Updates will be posted here.

Cheers for heads up.

Creg

I really wish I had known before turning my system on 🙁

Not a twitter user but might get an account just to keep on top of updates in case this happens again

Drac

Not a twitter user either, they seem to think it's calendar issue so unlikely to happen again.

Dougal
    Free Member

How about turning your broadband off, booting the console, turning the wireless off then turning the broadband back on? That way it'll not try to connect to PSN as it will have no network to use.

Gaming can then continue as normal.

Creg

I only turned it on to download the new Borderlands content so I dont mind waiting until they have sorted it all out.

jon1973
    Free Member

slim" PS3s (the 120/250 GB models) appear to be unaffected."

Phew….

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

So if you need to be signed in to get the update, how will you sign in if the bug won't let you?

I haven't switched mine on and won't be now until I know it is fixed (my brother just told me his has broken).

njee20
    Free Member

Are they actually breaking then, or just deleting a bit of saved data?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

My brother can't play online but hasn't tried an offline game.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

But if you can't get online to update the system, it will be difficult to update it to play online ever again!

Dougal
    Free Member

The system updates can be downloaded to a PC or Mac, put on a USB stick or memory card, and run from there. No need to login. This is how I usually do it as PSN downloads are treacle slow usually.

Drac
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Important info for owners of the older PS3's’ is closed to new replies.