Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • PSA: I'm so bloody excited!! Guess which week starts today?
  • conkerman
    Free Member

You sir, are a Cad and a bounder. 🙂

binners

Isn’t a pie just dog food wrapped up in fat?

In Glasgow… probably! 😀

El-bent
    Free Member

That’s a pretty impressive Pie there Binners. One thing, I didn’t know you had Broccoli and Carrots in the North. 😉

binners

I believe its called a ‘garnish’. You’re not actually meant to eat it! 😉

El-bent
    Free Member

I believe its called a ‘garnish’. You’re not actually meant to eat it!

😆

hora
    Free Member
    Sandwich

The Guardian has caught up, better late than never.

mefty
    Free Member

The Guardian’s choices are just so Guardian, vegatarian, tarts, (because we like to push the boundaries), an apple pie (artisan presumably) and spinach, feta and pinenut.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Another vote for the Cow Pie at The George Hotel, Keswick. Proper Meat Sweat inducing chunky goodness. I think the thing that makes it oh-so-special is the sprig of parsley!

andytherocketeer

shepherd’s pie for me tonight.
    one of the few where the lack of a pastry base, side and lid is acceptable.
    from what i’ve seen go past on google+ and twitter, it must be international tart week.

binners

Top five pies? Spinach, feta and pinenut? Minty ****ing chickpea?

Jesus H Corbett! Yeah, you pretentious west London ****! They’re top of everyones list of favourite pies! 🙄

I think the Guardianista who wrote that should be forced to eat a George Hotel Cow Pie for their blasphemy. A full portion. At gunpoint if necessary 😀

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

There’s a butchers in Melrose that does some cracking steak pies (and pasties for that matter) with haggis and the venison etc. If you’re heading to Glentress or Inners from the east it’s worth stocking up, although choose your pie carefully if riding with them – they weigh more than a set of Bombers.

Sandwich

The Guardian’s choices are just so Guardian, vegatarian, tarts, (because we like to push the boundaries), an apple pie (artisan presumably) and spinach, feta and pinenut.

It’s a start, Rome wasn’t built in a day.

neilthewheel

I had a chicken, smoked bacon and leek pie in the Cross Keys, Hamsterley last night. I might say it was pretty good. Shortcrust pastry.

Nobby

Just back from the butchers – chicken, ham & pork pie for tomorrow’s lunch plus a good old plain pork pie for a snack now. Made last night & as fantastic as always.

nomnomnomnom

Edit: mutt agrees judging by the tail wagging & drool.

maccruiskeen

I bought my mum a subscription to Pie Club a while ago – pies by post.

The first rule of pie club is its ok to talk about pie club
    The second rule ab…… oooh look – nom nom nom.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘PSA: I'm so bloody excited!! Guess which week starts today?’ is closed to new replies.