Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • PSA – Hope F20 Pedals £50 + 3.30 p+p
  • jmatlock
    Free Member

eBay seller Impreza-WRX2000 has 5 pairs of purple, black, blue and gold at a bargain price.

legend
    Free Member

Half price Hope stuff on eBay with a low feedback seller and naff-all description? Seems legit

Onzadog
    Free Member

Significantly below trade?

jmatlock
    Free Member

Paid by PayPal, what do I have to lose?

My guess is they are authentic pedals, no one would bother making fake Hope pedals.

jmatlock
    Free Member

They turn up, bargain.

They don’t turn up, eBay side with me.

matt_outandabout

They may be authentic, the question is how he ‘sources’ them…

legend
    Free Member

matt_outandabout – Member
    They may be authentic, the question is how he ‘sources’ them…

Yup. 5-off each colour seems odd too, can’t see any normal shop going for that unless getting some amazing price break

jmatlock
    Free Member

I have never questioned how EBay sellers get their stock. Genuinely none of my business.

mrmo
    Free Member

I have never questioned how EBay sellers get their stock. Genuinely none of my business.

And this is why so many bikes get stolen, because people don’t give a f*** where it came from as long as it is cheap. FFS

legend
    Free Member

[STW overreaction]it’ll be your business if they turn out to be stolen[/STW overrraction]

matt_outandabout

Genuinely none of my business.

The law begs to differ, as do most folks morals.
    There seems to be too many nicked bikes/boats/outdoor kit that ‘vanishes’ in the UK…

russyh
    Free Member

I would be genuinely mortified if I had bought something that turns out to be stolen. I Hope (sorry) these don’t turn out to be. I am after a set of F20’s in black, but will pay the extra to purchase from my LBS I think

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Yes, but 15 pedals hardly screams nicked does it, you could even Google for stollen hope pedals or look on bike biz which usually runs stories when shops get robbed.

Maybe he bought them off a liquidator when a shop closed?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yes, but 15 pedals hardly screams nicked does it,

Stolen from employer?

Or..

Bike shop near me got knocked over recently. Had a full list of stolen bikes, much less detail on stock.

rOcKeTdOg

Yes, but 15 pedals hardly screams nicked does it, you could even Google for stollen hope pedals

Maybe they are cheap because they are made of marzipan?

jmatlock
    Free Member

I have zero reason to believe they are stolen. I also don’t think they are fakes.

They are around about trade price.

Just wanted let the forum know of a good deal. Mods are welcome to delete.

chakaping
    Free Member

More likely to be a shop that needs a quick cash flow boost.

But I understand the suspicion, buying off eBay is never my first choice.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Are you in the trade?

russyh
    Free Member

Just about trade price? Really? Don’t they RRp at £120? Not sure hope allow their dealers that much margin do they? Hope they are legit and not at someone else’s misfortune. I liked my original f30’s once I had chucked the old solid pins for some hollow ones

drovercycles
    Free Member

If someone paying Hope’s “dealer” price (for shops who spend a fair bit with Hope) for them, sold them on eBay for that price, they’d lose nearly £30 per pair sold.

If you seriously think shops can buy them as cheaply as that, you’re deluded I’m afraid.

The fact that the next cheapest seller is charging nearly twice as much should speak volumes.

jmatlock
    Free Member

You can’t assume everything on eBay is stolen.

I am not in the trade, but having dealt with my LBS for years I pay trade + rather than RRP less. We have an open book policy on pricing. I know exactly how much you try and make on your Specialized bikes CFH!

I have bought a fair chunk of hope stuff from them in the last couple of weeks for a new build.

So they are below trade, could be liquid stock, could be shop selling off to avoid insolvency. Could be anything.

Don’t forget next time you buy something on eBay to email the seller to demand to know his full supply chain.

You lot get worse.

timidwheeler

2013 model according to the blurb. Sounds reasonable that they are being sold off cheap.

jmatlock
    Free Member

I assume there is a new model on the way possible. Or just the guy has loads of money tied up in stock and has bills to pay so will take a loss.

Or he robbed 25 LBS at gunpoint and is selling for drugs.

onandon
    Free Member

Is that like magnesium ? Sounds rad.

Woodentop
    Free Member

Looks like all the listings have been removed now.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Or all sold. We will never know………

jmatlock
    Free Member

Mass reporting from the suspicious STW hive mind I assume.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Ha ha ha 😆

rOcKeTdOg

on and on – Member

Is that like magnesium ? Sounds rad.

Whoosh! Look up!

jmatlock
    Free Member

Mine have despatched .

smokey_jo

Or they are seconds, sometimes the anodising isn’t quite up to scratch, I paid £50 for my seconds and you can barely tell they are slightly paler than they should be…..

mlke
    Free Member

I launch myself lemming like at bargains such as this, only just held back from pressing buy when I remembered I don’t ride flats

legend
    Free Member

jmatlock – Member
    Mine have despatched

At 10pm from an order placed around half 7? Impressive

riddoch

If you use eBay/PayPal to pay the postage it shows as dispatched when it’s paid rather than when it actually enters the delivery system.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Never trust an Impreza driver 😆

breninbeener

Has anyone received their pedals yet?

roverpig

It does look a bit like your classic hacked account doesn’t it?

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Oh dear…

Is there a quicker way to get a refund than going through contacting the seller on ebay, then waiting 8 days for reply before ebay step in?…

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Hope F20 Pedals £50 + 3.30 p+p’ is closed to new replies.