Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • PSA HOOF Petition Data stolen…
  • TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

This is an extract from an e-mail I received yesterday…

Please can you spread the word…

It has come to our attention that several pages of the “Hands Off Our Forest” petition at the Pedal-A-Bike-Away centre were stolen earlier this month. I don’t know exactly what information was recorded on the petition, but it could unfortunately mean that many bikers names and addresses are now in the wrong hands. Anyone who signed up to that petition needs to consider that their details may have been obtained and should review their security arrangements ASAP. I would welcome contact from anyone who signed up to that petition and who is now concerned.

Thanks,

Tim Hutchinson

Police Sergeant 255

Cheltenham South Local Policing Team

Gloucestershire Constabulary

+ Leckhampton Police Station|6-8 Leckhampton Road|Cheltenham|GL53 0AY

( 0845 090 1234 ext 7256|Fax 01242 250606
    8 http://www.gloucestershire.police.uk

If you signed it, you now have a very good reason to take your bike to bed with you…

tree-magnet
    Free Member

You need a reason to take your bike to bed with you?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I already have a reason… it’s reet sexy, like. I just have to take different bikes up on different nights to avoid jealousy.

aracer
    Free Member

Interesting point. The thing is, if I was after a list of addresses where I might find expensive bikes to nick I’d just photograph the list rather than steal it in order to avoid raising suspicion. Anybody who’s ever put their address on any sort of publicly available list popular with mountain bikers ought to be worried.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘PSA HOOF Petition Data stolen…’ is closed to new replies.