Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • PSA: Hive thermostats £130 (including fitting) on Amazon
  • geoffj

I know we love our home automation on here, so I thought I’d share this 🙂

wwaswas

Does it replace the thermostat and the heating control box thing or just the thermostat?

somouk
    Free Member

It replaces the whole lot, the box by the boiler, the thermostat and then you have a box plugged in to your router to allow remote control.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wwaswas

ok, thanks. *interested*

andybrad

im using nest and am so far underwhelmed by it all.

this may be better as i dont have a combi boiler and it can control hot water as well

sharkbait
    Free Member

Hmmm interesting. I’ve already got a wireless system but it’s getting on now so I’d def go for it but I’m on oil so would have to install it myself – can’t be that difficult though.

DrP

I’m going nest as it seems to be a bit more ‘automatic’ – however this is just on ‘reading fings on the internetz’ as opposed to actual personal use.
    We do have a combi boiler (well, in about a week we will..)

Hmm
    NEST vs HIVE…

DrP

nemesis
    Free Member

So, the heating and hot water option is the one with the discount. I have a combi/on demand boiler and no hot water tank – which one do I need?

Or as I think probably more to the point, can I have the heating and hot water controller but not use the hot water functionality?

P20

We’ve had Hive for a few months now, its great. The old thermostat/timer was a nightmare to program and with my shift pattern meaning different start times, I hated it. Hive is a doddle. Also means if we are away for a week, we can just restart the heating as we drive home.
    I think we paid £150 installed, though we are BG customers

WackoAK
    Free Member

nemesis
    Free Member

To answer my own question, just spotted this in one of the reviews:

Just a tip on this lightning deal at £129.99. If you are thinking of buying this and you have a combination boiler. You will notice the single channel option is £189.99. But the dual channel is only£129.99, so even if you have a combi buy the dual channel as all this does is prompts BG to make sure the engineer has the correct parts on the van when it comes to installation. So buy the dual channel and a single channel unit will be sorted upon installation. I know this as I am a BG engineer and fit these day in day out! We have a complete stock on the van! Great bit of kit too.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Hive thermostats £130 (including fitting) on Amazon’ is closed to new replies.