• This topic has 42 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • PSA: HIGNFY
  • Cougar

New series of Have I Got News For You starts tonight on BBC1 at 9pm.

No idea what they’re going to do for material, it’s all been a bit quiet politically of late.

IHN

Isn’t it filmed on a Wednesday? They’ll have been gutted to have missed the UKIP debacle yesterday

Rubber_Buccaneer

Nick Clegg hosting. Series linked thanks

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Missed the reshuffle, too.

kimbers

Im sure they can squeeze in something extra about kippergeddon

otherwise it’ll all be about the renazification of the Tories!

Cougar

Nick Clegg hosting.

Seriously? 😯 Oh my.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Seriously? Oh my.

Is he going to do a Johnson?

ollybus
    Free Member

Filmed on thursday evening so ukip punch up should make it to the cut

unklehomered
    Free Member

I like Clegg, he was a good man in an impossible position.

Hope they don’t rough him up too much…

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Hope they don’t rough him up too much…

Have you seen it before? 😉

unklehomered
    Free Member

I know…

IHN

I like Clegg, he was a good man in an impossible position.

Yep.

mrchrispy

yup, id have a pint with Clegg. seems like a good egg

pondo

Ace! Thanks for the heads-up. 🙂

scaredypants

he did put himself and his party into that position, though I still agree he seems decent enough

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

If nothing else, Cleggie showed that Coalitions can work and work well in v difficult circumstances. Crucifying on the altar of tuition fees was absurd. But, he will still get mulled by H&M 😉

ransos
    Free Member

Crucifying on the altar of tuition fees was absurd

I’m sorry, but that’s cobblers. You can’t get away with making it the defining issue of your campaign, then toss it away the minute you get a sniff of the leather in the ministerial Jag.

egb81
    Free Member

he did put himself and his party into that position, though I still agree he seems decent enough

+1

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Hasn’t Clegg been on it since?

jonba
    Free Member

I feel i judged clegg too harshly. Once he was gone it become clear what it would have been like from the start and what moderating effort he had. Shame – lib dems could put in a strong performance right now with the right leaders.

rsl1
    Free Member

One of the few shows that might persuade me to get a licence now I can’t watch it on catch-up

zokes
    Free Member

ransos – Member

I’m sorry, but that’s cobblers. You can’t get away with making it the defining issue of your campaign, then toss it away the minute you get a sniff of the leather in the ministerial Jag.[/quote]

Agreed.

rOcKeTdOg

You can’t get away with making it the defining issue of your campaign, then toss it away the minute you get a sniff of the leather in the ministerial Jag

brexit anyone?

whimbrel
    Free Member

There is an ‘extended’, 45 minute edition, every Monday for those who want a bit more news.

binners

otherwise it’ll all be about the renazification of the Tories!

They’ll have a field day with Theresa, the person who piloted the ‘nasty party’ tag, now overseeing the return to the 1950’s, with a stop off for a celebration of proper retro, 70’s style racism, that is now official Tory policy

Oh… and I agree with Nick

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

ransos – Member

I’m sorry, but that’s cobblers. You can’t get away with making it the defining issue of your campaign, then toss it away the minute you get a sniff of the leather in the ministerial Jag.

I’m sorry but – you know the rest…..

kimbers

That was great, I needed cheering up

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

It’s was ok and Clegg did well, but as Jezza would say only 7.5 out of ten

kimbers

they didnt ride clegg hard enough and not enough kipper nonsense

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Poor old Clegg. His time in government was like a boarding school/prison bitch dry bumming frenzy. His name was Patsy from the get go!

He was a gift to the Tory old guard, who allowed him to publicly **** himself by giving him and laughing boy a compromised government role, that a distant third placed desperado party could only dream of.

bigrich

I think history will judge him as having sacrificed his political credibility but he kept the tories in check. Look at what they are up to unfettered.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

lunge

Enjoyed that. And also agree that Clegg seems like one of the good guys, always comes across well and takes the abuse well too

You can’t help but thing that right now, as the Tory party beer right and the Labour Party veer left that a solid, sensible middle ground would attract some serious attention and votes.

Clegg and Blair double act anyone?

kimbers

Clegg and Blair double act anyone?

Can’t see clegg rushing into a coalition any time soon

footflaps

Very enjoyable!

Feel a bit sorry for Clegg, nice chap, definitely came off worse from the coalition.

milky1980
    Free Member

Enjoyed that, something to look forward to every Friday night 😀

Agree that Clegg got a reasonably easy ride, also that he was decent in the coalition. Nice guy between a rock and a hard place really. We need the LibDems in the mix to provide some debate. Any party in power without a credible opposition is dangerous.

wonnyj
    Free Member

Clegg, Vince and Ed Davey were excellent in coalition.

The tuition fees issue was a serious one but was completely blown out of proportion by the media, including the main papers, Sky and the BBC. That we’re still talking about it says a lot. There are many other areas where we’ve been shafted by government but for some reason we’re not discussing them.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

The tuition fees issue was a serious one but was completely blown out of proportion

Not all, had the Lib Dems set out with the policy of introducing tuition fees, then they’d not have been in a position to form a coalition, who knows how that parliament would have panned out, however, it probably wouldn’t have resulted in David Cameron taking a huge punt on Brexit to ward off the non existent UKIP threat to Tory votes at the time.

mattyfez

I think the coalition was the best government I’ve had in my lifetime so far.

I also thought clegg was brilliant on HIGNFY. Yes they gave him an easy run, but he’s also a pretty well balanced and sensible politician.

I was a tory voter up until the coalition, and I thought clegg brought a bit of sanity and control to what could have been a disaster.

How his own supporters treated him is crazy, the guy basically committed career suicide to do the right thing, he wasn’t able to block the student fees thing as the LD’s didn’t have that much power in the coalition, but what they did do was mainly positive in my opinion.

zokes
    Free Member

Paulosoxo: got it in one!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘PSA: HIGNFY’ is closed to new replies.