Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • PSA – High quality steel racing bike frames half price(ish)
  • funkrodent

Thought I’d share this with the massif. Spa cycles have got a batch of high quality audax frame/forks (read fast touring, sportif stylee) that they’re selling for half what you’d normally pay. They are actually Hewitt Chiltern frames. They told me this themselves and I’ve checked the frame geometries and they match, as well as all the detailing on the frames. Apparently a batch were being sold off by the factory that makes them for Hewitt and Spa snapped them up. Hewitt were selling them for about £450.
    They’re 631 frame with 525 forks and having bought one and built it up I can confirm they’re ace. Did a one and a half hour training loop yesterday and pretty much matched my best time despite not having been on a bike for 2 weeks due to illness. Smooth, fast, comfortable ride.
    For anyone interested the frames can be found here – http://www.spacycles.co.uk/m2b0s143p3561/SPA-CYCLES-631-Audax-Special-frameset

RustySpanner

They had some of the Cheviot Touring frames too, but again, only very small or very big!

greentricky
    Free Member

They have a bunch of ex demo bikes on sale at the mo as well as some light wheels
    Spa handbuilts

funkrodent

Good bunch to do business with, really open and responsive. The frame had a tiny paint chip on it. They rang up and told me (it was the last XL that they had), touched it up for me (well enough that i couldn’t find it) and threw in a free headset regardless. Seriously considering a set of handbuilt wheels from them as well

funkrodent

Though the ones on the link above specifies rider weight limit of 80kg. Which rules me out, big time

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘PSA – High quality steel racing bike frames half price(ish)’ is closed to new replies.