Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • PSA: Halfords Pro socket & spanner tool kit
  • redstripe
    Free Member

This seems like a good deal particularly if done through Quidco:
    http://www.halfords.com/motoring/garage-equipment/socket-sets/halfords-advanced-professional-170-piece-socket-ratchet-spanner-set#%5Bobject%20Object%5D

got some Halfords pro stuff already and they are great quality

trail_rat
    Free Member

Id be inclined to agree great quality if they made more than their 1/4″ drive sockets in flank drive.

Bi hex is shit for anything other than bi hex bolts 🙂

Spanners are top notch though.

Good quality flank drive sockets are availible from bahco for similar money

cliffyc
    Free Member

Got A similar set sometime back as a freebie in with a Halfords roll-along tool chest and cabinet. Halfords Professional Tools seem as well made as mate’s Snap-On IMO.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Don’t forget BC. Takes it to 90

Stoner
    Free Member

pity Ive sorted myself out with bits over the years now. Best set of tools Ive bought, during the Landrover build, was the Halfords ratchet spanners. Dont know how I survived so long without them.

spooky_b329

The set Cliffyc mentioned is on offer now. You can get the above 170 piece, the industrial roller cab and top box on a bundle offer.

Approx £750 sticker value
    + bundle deal
    – quidco voucher code for motoring accessory discount
    – quidco cashback
    – British Cycling discount when you reserve and collect (which more than pays for the subscription price)

= approx £285 🙂

Put another way, if you want the industrial tool cabs, they are just £200 rather than £610.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Now stoner …. Those are bloody handy i do like mine alot.

Same as gearwrench of the usa – nothing like snap on quality im afraid , they just dont last when used hard.

Get some light gear oil and put your ratchet heads in a bath of over night , they run much better after – my second set have faired much better and not either jammed up or stripped like the first set – got 8 months out of first set…. 3 years out the next. My mates snap ons are used daily in a professional garage and have never been lubed in their life.

I have been resisting the urge to turn my red pro chest stack from a 26 to a 52 by bolting 2 sets of them together while they are on the cheap.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Halfords Pro socket & spanner tool kit’ is closed to new replies.