Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • PSA- Halfords, altura ascent jacket xxl £2
  • lee170
    Free Member

XXL altura ascent jacket £2 what a deal. Shame it’s not my size.
    To all the big lads out there, go get a good deal. Enjoy

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=10151&categoryId=271454&langId=-1&productId=971765&storeId=10001

Stoner
    Free Member

not in stock anywhere within 3 counties of me 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Evening. On a wider note, is this legal? Crazy low price, ‘from £2’ with stock only available in other sizes/much higher price? Create footfall on the website etc

mcnultycop

Not in stock near me.

Or anyone I know.

Or any of my companies sites.

alibongo001

website falls over for me with a very helpful “generic error”

Good spot though OP, thanks for the PSA

bigblackshed

Thanks. Ordered one for delivery and took a punt on one for collection.

The Wife says they won’t honour that price, so I’m limbering up for an argument of epic proportions. (That last time I was in Halfords it was for yet another warranty issue on my Kona. The bike manager threw my bike down the stairs and I needed three staff to hold me down whilst the police were called. So a positive shopping experience all round)

I don’t need two, so if I manage to get two one will be available for another fat lad. 😉

Baron_von_drais
    Free Member

Ordered one for collection yesterday and got confirmation. Just had the e-mail to say “sorry, we can’t fulfill your order”

Ah well.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

I needed three staff to hold me down whilst the police were called.

Has it ever been suggested that you might have anger management issues?

m360
    Free Member

Well, I click and collected an Abus Bordo 6100 folding lock (RRP £74.99) for £1 on Friday. Noticed loads of silly prices/mistakes (Lezyne lights, gloves, jackets, pannier racks, etc) but couldn’t believe one (that I needed) was actually available 1 mile away!

Anyway, got a phone call 10mins later and collected it straight away. For £1. No arguments at all.

:mrgreen:

hora
    Free Member

Evening. Bigblackshed what?! Was you charged with anything? Public order etc?

woody21
    Free Member

Doh – can’t be ordered to be delivered, can’t click and collect

hammyuk
    Free Member

Available at my local if anyone wants one.
    Other sizes are £30 and available

kimbers

Would love to see some CCTV from halfords that day !

ruggerbugger
    Free Member

hammyuk, XXL available in your area? My mail is in my profile.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Well I’ve just rang my local store and their system is showing as not a single store in the UK as having the XXL – most are actually showing minus stock.
    What they did say is that whatever the website says they will match instore so to just go in.
    So the lights etc at a fiver will be honoured if they have them

bigblackshed

My delivered jacket turned up today, was supposed to be Monday. Spot on. My collect in store is also ready to collect. Will find out tomorrow if all is well.

wanmankylung

No anger problems here. I’m as quiet as a church mouse and mellower than a mellow thing. 😆

Hora.

Yep, taken to the cop shop in a van and questioned. When they reviewed the CCTV footage they were quietly impressed at how postal I went. No charges though.

The reason was my Kona was in for its 3rd crankset in 9 months, 6 ish BBs. The bike department manager was dealing with me, giving me a load of abuse, really arsey. He threatened to “throw me and my bike down the stairs” because I took exception to him taking chunks out of the paintwork on the frame with the crank. He was on the phone, distractedly hammering away with the crank in his hand, tap, tap, tap, on the frame using the drive side crank as a hammer! When I took the crank out of his hand he pushed, then punched me. Three of his staff stepped in to break it up, he then took three swings at me, then two at my bike, with a 2ft breaker bar, then my bike went down the stairs, from the mezzanine floor down to the tills.

So yes, I went postal, he went to the job centre, I got a new bike and an interesting few hours in the cop shop.

Back on topic. 😉

If my click and collect one turns up tomorrow, and I don’t get arrested, then I’ll have one pass on to another fat bloke. 😉

ruggerbugger
    Free Member

Bigblackshed let me know 😉

fatmax

bigblackshed – best bike shop story ever!

psycorp
    Free Member

bigblackshed

Agree with above.

If some jumped up t%#t threw my bike down the stairs he’d be in serious danger of a trip to A&E from me too.

bigblackshed

“Too good to be true” as a wise ma once said.

Despite having a text confirmation that the jacket had been delivered to store, it’s not there. The assistant manager did try looking for any other jacket in stock in “xx fat” that he would sell me for £2, but nothing in stock, anywhere.

The Wife was right. 🙄

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘PSA- Halfords, altura ascent jacket xxl £2’ is closed to new replies.