Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • PSA: Half price Montane Pertex smock
  • ElShalimo

Featherlite Smock for £30 at Needle Sports
    Great bit of kit for biking, walking, running etc.

ernie67

Any good anyone ( anything like the Dyno ?)? Look perfect for spring mornings riding to work .

rogermoore

Not waterproof or breathable and no pockets, but great as a windcheater or when you need an extra layer or in drizzle. Stuffs down into a little apple sized sack so it hardly takes up any room. I love mine.
    RM.

ElShalimo

ernie67 – It’s not the same fabric as the Dyno. The Featherlite is exactly that, very light and thin pertex microlight fabric to protect from the wind. The Dyno uses Pertex Equilibrium which is a textured softer, thicker fabric with a fleece-like backing

This is a useful resource:
    http://www.pertex.com/products/

IA

I’ve got two full zip featherlites, love them.

ernie67

Cheers ElShalimo . I’ve got a Rab Vapour rise ( Pertex Equilbrium )… brilliant jacket , but just find it too warm when riding ( perfect at the moment though !) .

ElShalimo

ernie – the Rab VR is almost the same as the Dyno in terms of materials and function.
    The one I linked to is like a softer, more up to date version of a Buffalo windshirt (they use heavier duty Pertex 5 and 6 – Sorry I’m a Pertex geek as there are many variants and to the uninitiated they’re all the same but they really aren’t)
    It’s just a thin light windshell, I’ve had one since 2005 for cycling and walking and they’re great.

benp1

Make no mistake, its lightweight but its amazingly robust. Had an off in one of mine and its got a small tear in it. My rucksack was mullered, and I didn’t walk away unscathed

Its more waterproof than something like a Howies Dyfi, and at least as breathable

ernie67

So what do thinks the best for windproof & breathable, but not as warm as the Vapour Rise ?
    Thanks in advance.

chakaping
    Free Member

Classic pertex “showerproof”, often stick mine in the bag for spring/autumn rides with uncertain weather.

ernie67

It’s just for commuting really & not that far , so not too fussed about the rain…just a bit nippy at 6 in the morning.

mekkenolly
    Free Member

It’s a good price for something I personally find indispensable. Have had two over the years(first was lost unfortunately!) Ex. windproof and good showerproof(do keep clean though and reproof)Proof enough? Be aware like most Montane clothing it does come up small(44″ chest and rec. size was xl, bit too snug!)

stever
    Free Member

Oh that’s odd, mine’s quite baggy. I’m about 38″ chest and thought about going from M to S. Sort of borderline on my Prism too. HTH.

chris_db
    Free Member

They are also doing the Montane Minimus Mountain for £79.99 – bargain!

hora
    Free Member

I’ve just sent one of those back. Soo light, soo delicate and only a matter of time before it delaminate/comes apart on a mountain biker.

chris_db
    Free Member

Jolly good, I’ll be keeping mine thanks.

hora
    Free Member

Feels fantastic on though- absolutely spot on. Looks like they’ve added reinforced sections on the shoulders for straps but how long before the interior ultra-thin laminate seperates from use?

Any sort of thorn or bush brush will kill it.

Great as a packed down/road use though.

scuttler

And Needlesports is right proper shop too.

scuttler

Thanks chris_db – Minimus ordered!!

ji
    Free Member

It is so small it lives in my Camelbak – great as an extra layer or when caught out by a rain shower. Wouldn’t work as your main waterproof though.

epicyclo

Next to a cycling cape, it’s my most useful variable weather garment.

Wore it in the “Puffer a few times too. Increases the warmth.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Half price Montane Pertex smock’ is closed to new replies.