Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)
  • PSA – Guy Martin episode 2 channel 4 – 8pm
  • sadexpunk

as above 🙂

Drac

Zooming in on Tea Bags, mugs of tea, lots of ‘proper job’ and pan out from grease filled finger nails. There’s that’s 90% of it taken care of sorry for the spoilers.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Cheers, nearly missed it!

warton
    Free Member

surely he’s done his underwater safety training before getting in an F1 boat?

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Cheers, nearly missed this.

Will have to watch the 2nd half on catch up or record #Sherlock

v8ninety

Thank you. I was gutted I missed last nights…

DezB
    Free Member

I even love the narration on this prog! Its the nutter probation officer from Misfits, gives me a chuckle just hearing his voice 🙂

singlespeedstu

I think Guy needs to talk to Travis…

singlespeedstu

I think Guy needs to talk to Travis…

singlespeedstu

Twice…

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

good spot, got Ch4+1 lined up to catch it from the start. Hopefully more like ep1 of his series, less like James May’s Yawn Stories 🙂

prawny

The mrs is gutted, that powerboat section was only filmed down the road, she’d have had him round if she’d have know he was so close.

mattbee

Friend of mine was at the glider club in Lee on Solent where they filmed one of the programmes. He drank a good few cups of tea with Guy aparrently…

cheers_drive

I like how the cost of the measuring equipment is always given as a sign of expensive = good.

singlespeedstu

No scientists, no calculations, not floatating shit.
    Paddle tyre and flat out balls to the wall shit. 😀

CountZero

Watching it now, the powerboat is nuts, I used to watch those idiots racing around Bristol harbour!
    Love the scales, freebie trumps expensive gizmo!

40mpg

More importantly, what conveyor belt for next weeks episode?

CountZero

That was properly mad!

jimster01

That was proper mad, only thought I have is, if the ski had have been wider and a bit flatter it may have planed easier/further. Just a thought coming from a long boarder background.

Still mental tho

maxtorque

It did seem a bit odd that the record allowed you to fit skis etc to your bike? Surely, it should just be a std bike? (allow a paddle tyre that’s it) Other wise, whats to stop you just making effectively a jet ski?

antimony
    Free Member

It’s not allowed to float when stopped.

maxtorque

well drill a couple of holes in the jetski then!

Harry_the_Spider

I watched worried that the ski on the bottom of the bike looked a bit too much like a big one of these.

Not the sort of thing that you want a high speed interface with.

tomhoward

well drill a couple of holes in the jetski then!

Has to be powered by the driving wheel of the motorbike. Not a jet of water.

dabble
    Free Member

Aye, great stuff, grand, loved it, can’t wait for next weeks.

pondo

Only seen the start, but pretty disappointed about being able to glue a ski onto the bottom of the frame rails. 🙁

tomhoward

Only seen the start, but pretty disappointed about being able to glue a ski onto the bottom of the frame rails

No different to using a specific front/rear tyre IMO, its not like it affected the bikes ability to function as a bike.

Them’s the rules, they stuck to them.

zilog6128

Didn’t enjoy it as much as the last episode (which was excellent), mainly because Mythbusters did a very similar thing last year. Not sure how far they went, but it was pretty far, and without a paddle tyre!

franksinatra

Really surprised he wasn’t wearing a buoyancy aid, he was hitting the water pretty hard!

singlecrack
    Free Member

Guy is nuts…….but Travis is just bat shit crazy balls…

dabble
    Free Member

Nitro Circus have been hydroplaning for a while too. Without a ski, or paddle tyre.
    Possibly with more success too…

Edit, too slow. Again.

brakes
    Free Member

Nitro Circus use the ‘grande cajones’ branch of science. the bigger your balls are, the higher/faster/stronger/longer you go.

I did like the way the developers of the hydrofoil just said “there’s too much going on here to work out how/if it will work” better just give it a go.
    What I didn’t understand is why they didn’t trial it more in shallower water where the bike doesn’t sink down to 30 metres (maybe they did but it wasn’t shown). Surely this is more about technique than anything else?
    I imagine he’s had a lot of these things to do over the past year and just didn’t have time.

johndoh
    Free Member

What I didn’t understand is why they didn’t trial it more in shallower water where the bike doesn’t sink down to 30 metres (maybe they did but it wasn’t shown)

They did – in the dug out bit long before they went on-site – it was in the programme.

brakes
    Free Member

yeah, but they did it like three times and it was over 10 metres and he only got it right once. They should have done it in an Olympic swimming pool.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Why didn’t the bike have some sort of transmitter on it? I thought a float on a bit of rope was a bit low-tech.

johndoh
    Free Member

Well yeah, I assumed they had more than three attempts but didn’t show them all – it would have been a bit boring… 😉

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Why didn’t the bike have some sort of transmitter on it? I thought a float on a bit of rope was a bit low-tech

i did think even a decent strobe light would have helped things. And whether leathers were the best choice of safety kit.

Houns

He’s got a Rourke Fixie then?

Harry_the_Spider

Dunno… but he has got one of these.

wiggles
    Free Member

I’ve been in it that lake and can confirm it is freeeeeeezing (if you are fully clothed and it is January) so don’t blame him not going in loads of times…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Guy Martin episode 2 channel 4 – 8pm’ is closed to new replies.