Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • PSA: Google Chromecast £18
  • muggomagic

Currys now doing the chromecast for £18 online (£20 in store)
    Also includes 90 days free access to Play Music (as long as you’re a new user).

Currys link

disco_stu
    Free Member

Quite tempted to get one of these, what other apps can you use with this? I know you can use iplayer and Netflix with these, Spotify would be quite useful!

peterfile
    Free Member

Thanks muggo, just ordered one of these despite not needing one at all (Raspberry Pi running raspbmc and Xbox already hooked up).

Could I use it in hotels provided I can access the HDMI input?

muggomagic

Could I use it in hotels provided I can access the HDMI input?

Yep…. So long as the TV has a usb socket or you’ve got an adapter for the plug.

what other apps can you use with this?

Chromecast apps. You can also cast your screen from an android device, so that would work with Spotify I guess.

woody74

I got one of these for £23 and am enjoying Game of Thrones

Wuaki – Chromecast

StirlingCrispin

I paid £30 for mine, and it’s brilliant.

Use it to cast videos (Youtube, Netflix, REd Bull TV) / music from my iphone, Chromebook. In fact the Chromebook will cast anything (holiday photos on Picasa etc).

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Currys now doing the chromecast for £18 online (£20 in store)

Just been and bought one at local Currys store and they’re now £18 in store as well.

peterfile
    Free Member

Mine arrived for collection today.

I’ve got mine through an AV receiver. Initially it would detect it at all. I unplugged all devices and then hooked it straight into one of the HDMI ports on my TV, set it up, then tried it again in my AV receiver and it works perfectly.

Just installed Popcorn Time on my mac. Wow, this is a total game changer!

You can directly cast from Popcorn Time on a Mac to Chromecast, but this work around is really simple and works perfectly….

Start your movie on Popcorn Time, pause it
    Load this in your browser https://dabble.me/cast/?video_link=http://%5BINSERT COMPUTER IP HERE]:8888
    Click on the cast icon and you’re off 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Google Chromecast £18’ is closed to new replies.