Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • PSA GLEN-S-TRESS PARKING
  • deertrackdoctor
    Free Member

FE have closed (padlocked) the seven stanes carpark below the hub!

the cheeky fukers have done it to force punters into the peel centre.U

PSA ENDS THANK YOU

RANT NOW BEGINS

if its busy i will use the peel carpark refuse to pay for parking and continue to use the perfectly acceptable Hub cafe and shop.
    I would encourage other to refuse to pay for parking until FE treat tenenats with some respect IMHO

druidh
    Free Member

Thanks for the reminder that the new centre is open. That’ll encourage me to go down more often.

jeffcapeshop
    Free Member

Thanks for the reminder that the new centre is open. That’ll encourage me to go down more often.

well i suppose someone has to..

Kit
    Free Member

I completely fail to see how closing one crap car park and opening another next to the shop and showers is a problem?

And are you one of the moaning bastards who complains about the money being spent on the visitor centre and not the trails? I hope not, seeing as it’s the parking fees that pay for trail repair/development, and you wouldn’t be daft enough to kick yourself up the arse now would you? 😉

Northwind

I did type a longer answer but I think it can be summarised with this:

proteus
    Free Member

is there much astroturfing around the new centre or did they use real grass?

HeatherBash
    Free Member

>And are you one of the moaning bastards who complains about the money being spent on the visitor centre and not the trails? I hope not, seeing as it’s the parking fees that pay for trail repair/development, and you wouldn’t be daft enough to kick yourself up the arse now would you?<

Seems so 😉

Weren’t there parking charges before the Peel then? I really doubt whether any non FC bods on here have the vaguest scooby where all the money comes from and goes to. Perhaps you can enlighten us Kit?

deertrackdoctor
    Free Member

LOL @ druidh
    idiot a bit strong ?
    yes there were parking charges and i used to pay them.
    Now i will not as i dont think the FE has treated there tenants with respect they deserve IMHO a protest if you like.think im allowed to do that in this country .

kit i take on board your points and i will have you know i am a grumpy auld basttard yes.

i would like to know what percentage of the carpark money goes in to trail repairs /development?

phatstanley
    Free Member

Well, as far as the Peel Centre goes, I’m in the process of selling off my mtb bike and assorted gear and have already preordered my family season’s pass to the “Go Ape” style theme park that will open on site in the near future.
    Why, you may ask?
    Because I prefer my ‘thrills’ to be completely sanitised and overseen by trained professionals who will bail me out when the going gets a bit sticky.

Mountainbiking is sooooo last year.

tomh
    Free Member

How many millions of pounds does it cost to create the trails, way mark them and keep them in a good condition?

How much does it cost you to park there?

Think about it!

coogan
    Free Member

Peel centre does lush cup cakes. Yummy in the tummy.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I’ll go to the new cafe when hell freezes over. Or when it’s raining and the Hub is busy.

kaesae
    Free Member

Not sure about the car park getting closed off! but while we’re on the subject of glentress.

WTF ❓ is going on with the toilets in the Buzzards nest car park 😯

Last time I was there the **** things were a traumatic experience.

All that money on a visitors centre and they can’t spend a penny on toilets that flush ❓

Took me three beers and a pizza to recover, one is not amused.

Northwind

deertrackdoctor – Member

i would like to know what percentage of the carpark money goes in to trail repairs /development?

100%.

If you want to protest, don’t ride there.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Go Ape at GT would be awesome.

phatstanley
    Free Member

Go Ape – or similar – at GT will be awesome.

i think it’s a done deal, zulu.

DickBarton

deertrackdoctor – send in an FOI to the Forestry asking them for a breakdown on where the money for trail maintenance comes from; then send another FOI in asking where the money from the car parking goes…

If you really want to know, all you have to do is ask the people who actually know…

druidh
    Free Member

deertrackdoctor – Member

Now i will not as i dont think the FE has treated there tenants with respect they deserve The contract came to an end and they didn’t win with their bid for the new centre. I’m failing to see where the lack of respect comes in. Now, if the FCS had been bad-mouthing their clients to all and sundry, or whinging like a big girls blouse, I’d have a different position.

bigjim

I bet the people in that house are glad that car park is shut, must be annoying having so much traffic passing, boy racers doing handbrakes etc.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

i suspect that is closer to the truth. that and the forestry wanting people to use the new facilities rather than a single shared toilet.

fisha
    Free Member

maybe they have plans for the old car park, and need the cars out of it ?

shocker.

Northwind

If you want a non-paranoid explanation, lots of people used to parking there would automatically park there without realising the new stuff is open, then ride up the road and go “doh! The new car park’s open! Why are we parked at the bottom of that **** hill!”.

But that may not please frothing nutters.

finners

Slightly off on a Tangent. Is there anywhere to camp at Glentress? I think i recall seeing some tents on the patch of grass east of the bike shop?? I not, is there anywhere nice and close? cheers.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

check with the wigwam people about camping. pretty sure it’ll be them that are providing a few camping pitches.

partyboy
    Free Member

The Peel Centre is great, I love progress.

jammer
    Free Member

The Peel Centre is currently cold and sterile. This may improve over time. The buildings seem very large for not very much, the bike shop is actually smaller than before.

I have no problem with progress but they have spent an awful lot of money on not very much. I doubt the budget used for the buildings would ever have been used for trail construction but they could definately have built something better for the cash.

The cafe is also even more expensive than the hub.

bigjim

I hope its not like the fancy building at coed y brenin, thats an awful place, school canteen style. I do like the hub caf, its getting pretty run down but the food is great and the music is good.

partyboy
    Free Member

The cafe is also even more expensive than the hub.

But its nice and clean and there are more places to sit, its not a like for like comparison.

tracknicko
    Free Member

and it doesnt stink like an old school skeff bin i shouldn imagine.

i never quite understood the hub. im sure they are nice folks in there and that, but EVERY time ive been there is has stunk of sweaty shite, been really steamy and rotten, and rammed with people talking absolute b0ll0cks about how rad they are.

coogan
    Free Member

It’s cheaper than the Hub when I looked at the price list. I really don’t get why everyone is getting so pissed off about it all. Of course it’s not nice they lost their business, but its done and it’s not going to change. In a years time everyone will be sitting in the Peel or going else where as what happens now anyhow. Get over it.

jammer
    Free Member

It did remind me quite a lot of coed y brenin tbh.

I agree it’s not a like for like comparison. New facilities were definately needed I just don’t think what they’ve built is that great.
    The cafe / shop at Coed Llandegla is in my opinion much better.

partyboy
    Free Member

i never quite understood the hub. im sure they are nice folks in there and that, but EVERY time ive been there is has stunk of sweaty shite, been really steamy and rotten, and rammed with people talking absolute b0ll0cks about how rad they are.

Spot on.

jammer
    Free Member

Agreed the hub was far from perfect and something new and better was definately needed, I just don’t think what they’ve ended up with is that great.

ijs445ra
    Free Member

OP are you honestly complaining about where the FC want you to park?

FFS, in Glentress we have arguably the best multi-ability MTB site in the UK which without the FC input would not exist.

The new car park is a minutes walk (4 min cycle on your 6″ travel gnarr chariot) to the Hub cafe if you wish to use it.

People refusing to pay is a sure way to get no new trails and no trail maintenance done, if you do not like it ride elsewhere.

ChrisL

I’ve only been to the new cafe and shop once. The staff in both were friendly and the food was great. The prices didn’t seem different to the Hub’s.

As the cafe had only just opened and not many people had realised, it was a bit empty feeling and so lacking in atmosphere. But there was a sign on the door saying something like “muddy people welcome!” and I’m sure that once more people are using it it’ll feel like a nice place. Or do you need wonky chairs and too little space for a place to have atmosphere?

PS, thanks for letting me know that the new car park’s open. Am I right in thinking that it’s actually been tarmaced and everything?

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Car park is tarmac road with parking on gravel. Better laid out so should avoid muppets parking over 4 spaces like they used in the old car park.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘PSA GLEN-S-TRESS PARKING’ is closed to new replies.