Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • psa: Giro Hex in Black £37.49 @ CycleSurgery.com
  • AlexSimon

Giro Hex in Black £37.49 @ CycleSurgery.com

Enter TT84 at checkout
    http://www.cyclesurgery.com/timeout-tuesday/content/fcp-content

I bought a Specialized Tactic half price yesterday and I don’t think you can return helmets, otherwise I would have gone for this.

Cheers
    Alex

project
    Free Member

Do they do a red one.

Phil_H

Thanks, one ordered.

AlexSimon

project – I couldn’t see any colour options so I presumed just black.

BTW the offer is for today only.

grim168
    Free Member

Ordered. Thanks for that seeing as I left my lid on floor next to car at gisburn a few weeks ago 🙄

big_n_daft
    Free Member

question is how old are they?

don’t Giro recommend replacement after 3 years? not so good if these are 2009 manufactured stock

z1ppy

the ‘use by’ is due to degredation due to sunlight (ok UV rays), I think having them in the box in the shade/store room this shouldn’t be a factor.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

the ‘use by’ is due to degredation due to sunlight (ok UV rays), I think having them in the box in the shade/store room this shouldn’t be a factor

How often should a helmet be replaced?
    Giro has a general recommendation of replacing your helmet every three (3) years. If you are unsure of the condition of your helmet, or whether it should be replaced, call us at (800) 456-2355 or e-mail us at feedback@giro.com for information on a free inspection

no reference to UV exposure on the Giro website

binners

Cheers for the heads up*. I’ll get one ordered when i can check the size of my current Giro

*see what i did there? 😀

Trekster

We are legally unable to refund or exchange helmet returns so be careful when choosing

binners – Member
    Cheers for the heads up*. I’ll get one ordered when i can check the size of my current Giro

Me to 😉
    Size has disappeared from old lid. Anyone know about sizing of these lids? Presuming a L will probably fit???

grim168
    Free Member

Says roclok 5 on advert. Some on wiggle are roclok 4 ?

AlexSimon

For an alternative, this is the helmet I bought yesterday. I’m waiting for the POC Trabec to arrive so that I can see it, but I needed something to tide me over as I recently realised my old helmet is dated 2000!!!

Specialized Tactic £27.49 (add something small to get it over £30 for free postage)
    http://www.cyclestore.co.uk/productDetails.asp?productID=18952&categoryID=1096

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Says roclok 5 on advert. Some on wiggle are roclok 4

if someone can find out the likely year quickly I’d appreciate it as I’d probably go for one

atlaz
    Free Member

AlexSimon – POC Trabec? HOW expensive?

Del

We are legally unable to refund or exchange helmet returns so be careful when choosing

no. just leave it in it’s box and fire it back under distance selling regs. there’s no reason to refuse a return if it’s still in saleable condition – ie unused with labels still attached.

AlexSimon

atlaz – I know, but I don’t like buying things I don’t like. Nobody seems to make a nice bright coloured helmet at the moment, unless you like cyan. In the flesh it might be too bulky, but I’d like to try one.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I tried one at lunch and a medium fitted really well, whereas a medium specialized wouldn’t really fit at all, felt too small (and the wrong shape for my head). Not sure if that helps? i ordered one anyway. Description matches that of the latest one on Giro’s website.

hainman
    Free Member

i have the spesh tactic(paid 50 b4 xmas)and its a bit of a smaller fit than the same med size giro hex.kinda wish i’d bought the hex instead but im stuck with it now,ah well we live and learn…….

andyl
    Free Member

If it is rocloc 5 then it is the new 2011 model.

Much nicer than the rocloc 4 IMO.

simon1975

Mine arrived today and was manufactured in Nov ’10 🙂

Thanks to the OP for the tip-off!

AlexSimon

No problem – My Tactic from Monday hasn’t arrived yet, so I’m beginning to wish I’d jumped at this too!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘psa: Giro Hex in Black £37.49 @ CycleSurgery.com’ is closed to new replies.