Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 352 total)
  • PSA: Genesis Grapil Frames – Cheap
  • Big-M
    Free Member

Haven’t really looked at the routing yet but suspect I’ll be going round the outside to avoid any clearance issues..

Baldysquirt

My frame arrived yesterday. I’ve only had a quick gander as I was busy last night, but looks rather nice. Cost only £50 more than I sold the prophet for last year, so is an absolute bargain. Looking forward to a less bruising ride than the Bfe.

Big-M
    Free Member

Progress, stuck now waiting on parts.

pic…

jamesbeck
    Free Member

I got a 20″ from bike depot, not used off road yet. I’m 6′ and its spot on for me. I got a bargain gusset headset from wiggle, buy as separates like hope but for £30 with top cap, bolt, star fangled but and both sizes of crown race. Other tips for build, you need full length gear outer, single track bikes sold 10 metres of sp41 £16. Chain stay protector is lizard skins super jumbo. You need a high bracket front mech. Also rear brake cable needs to be really long! I had to buy new slx brakes as old Hayes not worth fettling

remoterob
    Free Member

I hate to keep talking about headsets, but did you fit an internal or external lower cup?

woodnut
    Free Member

Went to have a look….there was one left, panicked, bought it 😛

cp

🙂

Big-M
    Free Member

@remoterob I fitted and external lower, clearance with an internal would be very tight…

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Is it a 30.9 seatpost on these rascals?

cp

stevestunts
    Free Member

Ouch! New seatpost required, thestabiliser? There’s another 10 lashes added onto your punishment when your transgression is discovered.

cp

30.9-31.6 shim by USE if you have an expensive post.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

List of what I’ve got

cranks (Your old XT’s Mr Stunts)
    Rear mech
    shifter
    bars
    brakes
    Saddle
    pedals (I think)

List of what I need
    Stem,
    cassette
    chain
    NW chainring (going for a 1×9 experiment)
    wheels
    tubes
    tyres
    grips
    seatpost
    forks

an additional 100 lashes it would seem.

Big-M
    Free Member

RSP narrow/wide rings at Merlin for £19.99

jamesbeck
    Free Member

@remoterob i fitted external lower cup with 150 sektors feels fine

woodnut
    Free Member

Seen a few travel adjust forks (110-140mm) going cheap, good or bad idea with this frame? (mine’s coming tomorrow :-))

remoterob
    Free Member

Thanks for the answers regarding the headset…looking forward to being able to sleep tonight!

jimmy

Seen a few travel adjust forks (110-140mm) going cheap

what where who (please)

Alpha1653

We need more pictures!

thestabiliser
    Free Member

might be a bit pedal strikey at 110 but then it’s only an option not a requirement. Picking up mine tomorrow too. Yay.

woodnut
    Free Member

jimmy – Member
    Seen a few travel adjust forks (110-140mm) going cheap
    what where who (please)

http://www.bike-discount.de/en/shop/26-suspension-fork-all-mountain-enduro-140-160mm-5225/l-24

njcisca

Just finished putting mine together. Anticipated problems with internal headset and 150mm forks it was tight but all good. Cable routing is a bit of a faff and needs a long brake hose even on my 16″.
    Given it a quick blast round the park and it feels great, it didn’t snap but I did ride through a dog turd grrr!

thestabiliser
    Free Member
    cp

Bargain!

cr500dom
    Free Member

Frames seem to be out of stock everywhere which is a good thing I suppose 😳

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Anyone got any issues with their frame? The end of my main pivot axle looks like it’s been drilled out, presumably with argeybargey getting the replacement rear end on. Don’t think it’ll do any harm to the operation of the thing but turned my smile to a grimace.

mulacs

Bargainous dropper seat post clamp
    You’re welcome. 🙂

woodnut
    Free Member

How’s everyone’s builds going… on mine hoping headset will arrive tomorrow (thanks for tips on here!), then i can plug fork in and fit wheels. XT brakes, crankset and FD just ordered, stem, bars, seatpost also on way..I’m shopping very carefully, still looking for best prices on shifters, cassette & rear mech. Just under a grand spent so far, bargain 🙂

Big-M
    Free Member

all done, just need to trim the hoses… pic here

trevron73
    Free Member

looks Gnarrr
    😈

woodnut
    Free Member

Nice!

cp

My cheap headset has arrived from China and…. it’s great!!

Might get built this weekend as sorted oil leak on forks.

Having said that, I can’t decide whether to put the 2×9 back on or go 1×10, might delay build further…!!!

mulacs

@Big M – what size frame is that? Looks great… 🙂

Big-M
    Free Member

@mulacs it’s the 18″, it isn’t that big, it’s for my soon to be 13 year old who is 5’6″ and he looks pretty good on it already….

JPR
    Free Member

Built mine up this afternoon. It past the round the block test with flying colours. I came back in with a massive grin on my face.

It accelerates really nicely and I can’t wait to get it out for a proper ride!

Might take it for a wee photo shoot tomorrow…

cp

Yes please. Pretty much gig all the bits sorted out now for mine to be put together. Headset cups are pressed in, that’s as far as it’s got..!

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I have a full build Grapil – I do like it but I’m stil not convinced I have the shock setup right – it seems to sagg too much / use the early part of it’s travel quite quickly which means I get a lot of pedal strikes / low bb type issues. (I had a pretty crap riding year last year so I haven’t invested too much time on the issue yet).

Do these shocks take a volume reducer?

JPR
    Free Member

Might as well have my to-do list here…

1) Set up gears
    2) Fit longer brake hose so I can put my SLX back on rather than the juicy that’s taking up space on the bars at the moment
    3) Re-tubeless tyres
    4) Adjust/fit chain guide

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Braarrrppp 😀

Think I’ve got some forks sorted for mine

just need
    stem
    grips
    chain ring
    cassette
    chain
    tyres
    headset (can order once I’ve got forks)

Big-M
    Free Member

First real outing for the Grapil today, my lad loves it, here’s a wee video.
    link

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 352 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Genesis Grapil Frames – Cheap’ is closed to new replies.