Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • PSA Garmin Virb Elite £127.99
  • Dibbs
    Free Member
    nemesis
    Free Member

Link? Can’t see it.

nemesis
    Free Member

Ignore that. Found it.

Garmin Virb HD Action Camera – Black (16MP) 1.4 inch LCD https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00EQ2T3KQ/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_YttNub0KWMEJX

manxambassador
    Free Member

Does anyone have one, if so any feedback ? I have an original Hero but wouldn’t mind an upgrade. Tempting at that price

Dibbs
    Free Member

I have a Virb and Virb Elite, I’m pretty pleased with them, my son’s just been given a GoPro by his girlfriend so we’ll see.
    The free Virb Edit software is still a bit of a work in progress but it’s getting there and there’s not a lot of choice when it comes to adding gauges with GPS data to your video.
    For under £130 I’m tempted to go for another. 😳

Dibbs
    Free Member

nemesis, that’s the wrong one in your link, that’s the Virb, (no GPS) not the Elite.
    Just click on the link in my original post. 😯

iamtheresurrection

That’s a great PSA right there 🙂

Been tempted to get one for a while to make videos for the turbo with GPS data. Brilliant, thanks very much.

nemesis
    Free Member

😳

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Can you get a chest mount for those?

Edit – found it.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Not really suitable for a chest mount, but they do a shoulder mount.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Cheers, not really into filming my rides much tbh, the GPS is a good feature as my 500 is on it’s knees these days. I’d be better off looking for PSA’s on a new 800/810 as I’d use the mapping far more than a camera.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Simple example.
    [video]https://vimeo.com/88690645[/video]

nemesis
    Free Member

Bloody Land Rovers 🙂 Interesting to see the speed variation (65mph!) which IME is always an issue with GPS.

nuke

Just thinking of other uses to justify it: any good as a dashcam or motorbike helmet cam?

What’s the difference between standard & elite?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Standard doesn’t gave GPS nuke.

fbk
    Free Member

The sale’s repeated again today – seems a bargain for the kit

Link

meandyuk

Arse, was looking at this and the deal ended! 🙁

Dibbs
    Free Member

I looked and there was 5 seconds left, I’d clicked before I knew what was happening.
    Looks like I’ve got a second Virb Elite. 😳

meandyuk

Well if you decide not to keep it, let me know 🙂

fbk
    Free Member

On again at 2pm if you missed it!

iamtheresurrection

I’ve had a play with mine today, very impressed.

I went out and recorded a 45 minute ride, 1080p, wifi on and GPS on. It’s used about 30% of the battery. A brand new GoPro Hero 4 on 720p 60 fps, wifi on has pretty much ran out of battery on the same ride…

Video quality seems perfectly adequate for what I want it for. Software update went through first time and control via wifi/iOS worked first time and without crash too (can’t say the same about GoPro).

For £200 I’d say it’s a bargain, at £127 it’s nuts. Assume a new one is on the way, but it won’t be this price. Happy 🙂

downshep

Got one for Crimbo and (after updating the software) use it as a dashcam. Quite well designed and images stable with adhesive windscreen mount. Will also use on road bike (barmount). Feels a bit heavy for helmet use so may have to cobble together a shoulder strap mount on camelbak.

PS Top Tip, don’t google ‘strap on harness’ 😯

mudshark
    Free Member

Just ordered one.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Me too, at £127.99 I couldn’t help myself. My riding isn’t worthy of filming so I’d better visit some pretty spectacular looking places this year…..or have some notable crashes 🙂

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Couldn’t decide whether or not to get one but when I checked the Amazon site I had £60 of gift vouchers in my account that I’d forgotten about so I ordered one!
    Bargain at £67.99 😀

gribble
    Free Member

Hmmn, just ordered a Sony one for £230 (reduced already). I had £70 of John Lewis vouchers though and the Sony model is well written up.

At < £130, Garmin is an absolute bargain. The GPS I have from Garmin costs almost as much and has no real navigational role, just use it for Strava to see where I have been.

northernmatt

So so very tempted but I have other things on my list of stuff to buy and this would just be a bit if an indulgence.

meandyuk

Just ordered one, managed to get the £127 price! quite chuffed… the deal seems to be on the white/black only…

scandal42
    Free Member
    crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

£99.99

out of stock and not the Elite version, but otherwise all good 🙂

scandal42
    Free Member

Bit picky 😳

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Has anyone seen any good deals on mounts for these?

Dibbs
    Free Member

Mine arrived today.

manxambassador
    Free Member

On again at 6pm

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘PSA Garmin Virb Elite £127.99’ is closed to new replies.