• This topic has 75 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Wally.
Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)
  • PSA Garmin 810 for £140 @ Aldi
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

the attachments that come with it fit on bars or stem if yo arent running one to short

think you can reverse an out front mount as well

forzafkawi
    Free Member

You can get a top cap mount, can’t remember where though.

EDIT: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/k-edge-adjustable-stem-mount-for-garmin-edge-forerunner/

I use the standard mount on the stem or the SRAM out front reversed so that it is over the stem. You can get a short MTB version of that mount as well if you have a shorter stem.

Tracey

only got a 35mm stem so would like it to mount direct instead of the top cap, found these on ebay but from china

or would this work

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    howie123
    Free Member

£125 in Aldi Sittingbourne, they have 3 left, no one buying as they have no price showing in the display cabinet, I had to asked and at that price I wish I’d bought all 4.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

i feel cheated now, i paid 139.99 earlier today.

but on the upside, i did discover that aldi stolen is better than lidls.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

incidently, where is best to get the cadence and speed stuff?

dibboid
    Free Member

Aldi by me has 4 in stock but are £179.99 still and asked her to scan it and yes. . Still £179.99 🙁 on way to another store now.

silentsi
    Free Member

called Aldi but unfortunately the nearest one to me with them in stock is an hour away in Swadlincote and was reduced to £160 not £140.

dibboid
    Free Member

silentsi – Member
    called Aldi but unfortunately the nearest one to me with them in stock is an hour away in Swadlincote and was reduced to £160 not £140

What number did you ring? Save me driving round

Tracey

The number is on the Aldi website. They also phoned the store for me to confirm the Managers price and to ensure that they had one in stock

wukfit
    Free Member

got my local store to check, £140 (the sign still said £160) I still bought it as it’s still a great price

dufusdip
    Free Member

No idea what they’re like but have seen these stem mounts

Garmin stem mount

Tracey

Looks good so will book mark it. Ive ordered the ebay one from China and awaiting delivery. Will see how it works once it comes.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I managed to find one! Thought they had sold out.

Quick question. It has come with
    – only one mount
    – no SD card and no maps
    – an “Amazon” branded USB charger
    – a history of someone else’s rides.

Is this normal??

dirtyrider
    Free Member

not really 😆

chakaping
    Free Member

No, you usually pay extra for that kind of stuff.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Anyone seen any in store near hemel?

How much better is this than my 705? Battery life is crap now..

scotroutes

Battery replacement on a 705 is pretty easy

jekkyl

There was still 3 in the Aldi Trentham, S-o-T, yesterday. & yes the Aldi stollen is very nice. Try it with ice-cream all mashed up and then a little single cream on top 😉 /glutton mode

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Mine was down to 125. Not sure if that’s because it was a customer return though.

amaferanga
    Free Member

£129 in Fleetwood….

dogthomson

I picked one up for £99.99 today at Manvers (between Rotherham and Barnsley). There was one left but don’t fly down there to get it as I think one of my club mates went down shortly after me to grab it.

There’s 2 mounts in the box too… Chuffed!

ChrisA
    Free Member

Picked one up for £99 this morning too. My 800 still works fine though so might keep it as a spare

Bigmantrials

Gutted! Just been around all 5 of my local stores, last one had them in stock but still showing at £180, they suggested going back in a week or so as they don’t have them on display so you wouldn’t know they had them if you didn’t ask

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I spent a bit of time fiddling with MapSetToolKit, CGPSMapper, Gmap and Garmin BaseCamp and managed to get the European Maps, Open MTB Maps and OS Maps on a 16gb card.

Turns out you have to rename the .img files if you want lots of maps on an SD card unlike my the Touring Plus.

gastromonkey
    Free Member

Santa got one for my Christmas present from the Morecambe store.

poolman
    Free Member

Gastro – was that the aldi by morrisons. I have just been and none in the cabinet.

Tracey

The top cap mounts I ordered on ebay 5 days ago have arrived today. For £12.99 posted they are very well put together, alloy outer with a plastic inner mount

gastromonkey
    Free Member

Poolman sorry for the slow response. It was the Aldi by Morrisons. I think it was the last one. Have you tried calling the customer service number to ask which stores still have them. When Mrs Gastro called she was told they still had some at other stores within 15-20 miles.

poolman
    Free Member

Thanks gastro, will do

breninbeener

Ive just had a boxed 810 for 119.99 in Bangor!

poolman
    Free Member

Well done 120 is a good deal. I phoned customer services and some were showing as avail but they kindly phoned up and the shops and they had all gone. Ho hum no garmin present for me then..

Wally

Just got one home – I thought, amazing luck. Now after switching it on it clearly has been on two post Christmas rides (very local) and now been returned. So not actually a new item, but a returned one.

What should I do? Looks perfect in everyway. I presume they did not come with microSD cards.

smurfly13
    Free Member

Register it with Garmin Connect – if it signs up to you with no issues don’t worry about it!

Wally

Thanks smurfly, Connected and registered on Garmin Connect and Maps all downloaded and working from previous threads advice. Super bit of kit. I guess the Christmas gift recipient preferred the cash. Previous owner has 60lbs on me, 3 inches and 10 years younger. I hope he does not want it back 🙂

Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘PSA Garmin 810 for £140 @ Aldi’ is closed to new replies.