Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • PSA – free Lezyne light
  • onandon
    Free Member

I’m away on holiday at the moment so looking forward to trying mine when I get back.
    I’m pleased people are enjoying them – more positive than the naysaying bullshit frequently posted on the forum.

sboardman

Mine arrived yesterday. Looks a pretty good bit of kit. Shall be testing it by trying not to blind joggers on the canal tomorrow evening. 🙂

mikesbikes71
    Free Member

This is the gift thats keeps on giving. Mbuk gloves in the mag when it arrived today. Great for walking the dog.

onandon
    Free Member

Indeed. I was gowing to post the same today 🙂 – you beat me to it.

ajantom

I must admit I took the gloves out, had a flick through at break-time, and then gave the magazine to a bike mad Yr11 student in one of my classes 😀 hope we get a free gift every issue!

benp1

😀

Free gloves were a bonus eh?

mlpinto
    Free Member

Good spot OP , I’m just annoyed I didn’t see this at the time. Trying to decide if it’s worth a punt now seeing as the links still work…

benp1

Definitely

Its not a sneaky deal, its actually advertised in the mag

molgrips
    Free Member

Hm.. I just clicked through and the first link specifies the free light, but the others do not. I think I will phone through and check on Monday.

If it’s still in the mag though that makes me feel a bit better.

chocolateteapot
    Free Member

Just taken a punt and ordered, thanks op 🙂

chocolateteapot
    Free Member

Hm.. I just clicked through and the first link specifies the free light, but the others do not. I think I will phone through and check on Monday.

If it’s still in the mag though that makes me feel a bit better.

I noticed this but continued anyway, the order confirmation confirms the deal though:

Mountain Biking UK – Print Edition Subscription
    United Kingdom | 6 Monthly Direct Debit + LEZYNE MACRO DUO Unit Price
    £23.99 Qty
    1 Total
    £23.99
    Total £23.99
    Grand total £23.99

lunge

Bit of a bump/question.

Just clicked on the link and followed the “buy now” button whioch gives 2 options:

Direct Debit 6 Months PRO_LEZYNE_MACRO_DUO £24.99
    Direct Debit 6 Months PRO_LEZYNE_MACRO_DUO £19.99

Any reason not to click on the £19.99 option? They’re both identical in the basket bar the price.

mlpinto
    Free Member

Hmm – just went through and chose the £19.99 option – I got an email to confirm the order, but it doesn’t mention the light just that the subscription is £24.99, nut £19.99 for the first six months.

I’ve taken screenshots of all the pages showing the offer, so hopefully have something to use to argue my case if the light doesn’t turn up…

geoffj

I ordered a month ago. I got a letter a week ago saying they had run out if lights, but more stock had been ordered and was due within the month.

johnnystorm

Ordered yesterday. Won’t hold breath for lights just yet then….

iain1775
    Free Member

Having used mine a couple of times now I would say its brighter and a better beam pattern than my Mark7 Exposure Joystick
    I’m pretty impressed for effectively free
    Read the mag whilst on a flight to Scorland this afternoon, don’t dismiss it so snobbishly some of it in particular the travel stories are pretty well written, definitely more immediate than Singletrack, ideal for some reading on the loo

lunge

Interesting. I may drop them a note today.

ajantom

Used mine in anger for the first time this evening. Was carrying it as a bailout light in case I was back late, which I was.

Good for road use, but the beam pattern is too focused for use offroad on it’s own. Would be fine as a helmet light with a wider beamed bar light as well.
    And I used my gloves whilst pushing the pram around this morning 🙂

thegreatape
    Free Member

Seems like this is still on. I subscribed via the link on Saturday. No mention of the light in the confirmation email, but queried it today and they say it is on its way.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve not had anything…

thegreatape
    Free Member

On its way in the next 28 days. How long ago did you subscribe?

johnnystorm

Still waiting here, but then I’ve not had a magazine either, I assumed they’d send it along with my first issue.

hora
    Free Member

I’d rather subscribe to Wallpaper magazine. 8)

riddoch

The light came separate from the magazine for me and about 1 week after my order.

thegreatape
    Free Member

hora – Member

I’d rather subscribe to Wallpaper magazine

All the bike and kit reviews make your head explode?

iain1775
    Free Member

What do you get free with Wallpaper magazine Hora?
    A stripper?

Actually where do I sign up 😉

snakeysnuggles
    Free Member

Has anyone selecting the £19 option received the light or an e-mail confirming light?

thegreatape
    Free Member

I did that, and while the confirmation email never said anything about the light, I queried this and was told ‘I can confirm your gift has been ordered but would advise you to allow up to 28 working days for receipt.’

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

I’ve still not had mine and been waiting several weeks. I’ve had a letter explaining that stocks have run out and it’ll take another 28days. Waited that time, then had another email to say I should expect another delay of 28days.

Hmmph.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Light arrived today. Not too shabby at all for £19.

mlpinto
    Free Member

Mine just arrived too – also from the £19 deal. Looks pretty good to me. I’ve not had a proper play yet, but assume the rear light can be turned off.

Assuming so, does anyone have a suggestion for a bar mount?

molgrips
    Free Member

Still had nothing here.

Leku
    Free Member

Mine just arrived too – also from the £19 deal.

+1

iain1775
    Free Member

MiPinto
    Yes rear can be turned off, you have to press the button quickly twice, or hold it down or something
    Bar mount – there is a Lezyne one that’s cheap enough got mine from Tweeks
    http://www.tweekscycles.com/bike-accessories/light-spares/front-mount-including-rubber-strap-for-micro-macro-lights

mlpinto
    Free Member

Iain – thanks very much for the link. I was just being lazy and hadn’t got around to searching myself.

I figured out the rear light once I read the instructions!

All in all this looks like a real bargain – thanks again to the OP

johnnystorm

If yours hasn’t arrived call them! Having seen two issues come and go I emailed them and they had no record of my order even though I got in touch by replying to my order confirmation. There has been a transfer SNAFU between Future and Immediate Media. A very helpful Jane just sorted it all out over the phone and gave me a choice of light or multi-tool. I stuck with the light, assuming it was a pricier gift than the tool. It’s 19.99 with no gift or £23.99 with the light.

steeble
    Free Member

Had an email at the start of the year saying the light would be 60 working days, letter yesterday saying there had been a delay and light would be another 28 days but light arrived today. Look decent enough, didnt go for the £19 deal as was finished by then but looks like I got in just before the light deal finished.

johnnystorm

28-60 day delivery was only a week as mine arrived today.

oldschool

johnnystorm, what number did you ring them on. They’ve no record of mine either, keep asking me for a number from the letter I received with my first issue!!! If I was receiving it I would not be emailing asking why it’s not been delivered.

johnnystorm

Oldschool, these are the numbers in my email.

Telephone (UK): 0844 848 2852
    Telephone (International): +44 1604 251 045

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 80 total)

The topic ‘PSA – free Lezyne light’ is closed to new replies.