Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 102 total)
  • PSA Fox Sale
  • ultracrepidarian
    Free Member

Ordered a 29er 34 Perf 130mm boost (non pedal elec), but seems to have vanished from the website now. See if it gets dispatched.

Stan_Dingup
    Free Member

My order placed on Friday has now been cancelled. No stock apparently (and they are yet to refund the PayPal payment)

Not happy as I turned down other options at the weekend which are no longer available…

They were 32 Grip Perfomance 140s

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

Hmm…maybe I should hold off selling my RS forks then!

On the upside I spoke to Silverfish (Mojo) today and they confirmed the e-bike ones are fine for ‘normal’ Bikes. Tune is marginally firmer (but I’m hefty anyway so no probs) and the forks are under 200g heavier but WAY stronger.

That will be good for my hardcore HT.

Hope they arrive!

DezB
    Free Member

Sounds good. Yeah, hope you get them then. Mine are fab

andy4d

I got a dispatch notice for my order this morning, 27.5x120mm.

gaidong
    Free Member

Mine are in the boost too. Awaiting a deluge of drool. I’ll post a picture of me dry-humping the Rhythm whilst wearing my new 20th birthday Bike-Components t-shirt. PROMISE.

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

I’ve emailed asking if my order will be dispatched- I don’t want to end up forkless over Christmas! 😕

Clink

I’m waiting to hear dispatch info too – have emailed.

Andy

Bought from them in the past. Always had excellent service. Even returned things in the past hassle free (ironically some fox forks in the leaky days).

Their comms can be a bit sparse though eg if there isnt a problem then why should they update or respond, but thats common with the other German websites.

tdog
    Free Member

Useless online chat, literally like chatting to a monkey with 2 left hands.

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

I just used the online chat (on iPhone). It was fine, and they confirmed my forks are being sent today!

Oh and they are putting a free tee in with them.

Yes

Clink

Email back, forks dispatched today here too.

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

Great service so far- I got my confirmation of delivery email. Then an email to say sorry but they have purple decals and that if I wanted any other colour they will send them FOC.

Excellent service!

ultracrepidarian
    Free Member

Also received a dispatch email today.

tdog
    Free Member

I was going round in circles on live chat but cba in end.
    Then the link expiredfor the product as it is out of stock. So that massive order surely couldn’t of been that big.

Tbh still not sure…

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

Not sure in what regard? Did you place an order (sorry I didn’t read all previous posts).

If so, you’ll have an email if the order will be honoured. My forks are currently with the courier at the international sorting hub- at least that means they are in transit so definitely coming.

So far the service from them has been brilliant. £280 all in for a fork which is £799 everywhere else is pretty epic.

The E-Bike specific bit is good for me- ~200g heavier (still 150g less than the old 34) with an ‘Enduro’ tuned damper (for more aggressive riding basically) in a much stronger fork than a normal 34.

The chap at Silverfish/Mojo said they were an absolute bargain. Nice to hear

andykentos
    Free Member

In terms of delivery, nothing to doubt, I have had 2 pairs delivered from their fox sale. Returned the ebike ones yesterday, contacted them and they emailed me a free returns form.

Both sets of forks were exactly as described. More annoyed because basically the cheap set of forks have made me order a load of other parts to build up a ragley blue pig, hopefully it will be worth it!!

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

Any reason to return the E-Bike ones Andy?

From the what mojo/Silverfish said they will be fine for normal use but mine haven’t arrived yet.

Any insight into your ones would be great!

andykentos
    Free Member

I am sure they will be fine, just had both in my hands, they are noticeably heavier than the rhythm’s and were also 100 euros more expensive.

I only weigh 65 kg and don’t think i need the extra stiffness or strength.

The reviews i have seen of the rhythm all seem to say its a plenty capable fork for what i am after.

reformedfatty
    Free Member

New shock arrived today along with free t-shirt. Probably won’t go on the bike until next spring when I can afford to get the forks refurbished and have the whole suspension nice and fresh

ryu1720
    Free Member

I ordered the 130mm 29er boost grip performance at €280 when I first saw this psa ,when i got the second confirmation email they described them as rythym perf grip so I gave them a quick call and it turns out fox had given them the wrong listings as the fork was the basic rythym 🙁 .order duly cancelled and money safely refunded for me to waste on summit else black and shiney 😆

Andy

Mine arrived this morning (ordered Monday). 130mm 29er boost grip performance. As ryu1720 my packing note said I had received the 130 Grip Rhythm, but I have just checked with them and I have received the correct forks, its just the description on the packing note was wrong.

They are actually 140mm travel, but thats ok as I intend to shorten them to 110-120mm anyway, just means I will probably do sooner rather than later as I might have got away with them at 130mm.

ryu1720
    Free Member

So which ones did you actually get Andy? rhythm (grey stanchion) or performance (black stanchion)

kelvin

I am sure they will be fine, just had both in my hands, they are noticeably heavier than the rhythm’s and were also 100 euros more expensive.

Blimey! Rhythms have arrived here, and they’re pretty hefty.

Andy

ryu1720 – Member
    So which ones did you actually get Andy? rhythm (grey stanchion) or performance (black stanchion)

performance (black stanchion)

ultracrepidarian
    Free Member

I ordered the 130mm 29er boost grip performance at €280 when I first saw this psa ,when i got the second confirmation email they described them as rythym perf grip

Just checked and mine is described the same. Hopefully it’s a Performance fork that turns up.

mrlinderley
    Free Member

Andy
    If mine are 130mm when they arrive are you interested in swapping airshafts? Mine are due to be delivery either tomorrow or Saturday.

Andy

Id be looking for a 110 or 120 airshaft if swapping. Otherwise will be selling my 140 airshaft

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

Don’t forget it will be Fox 32 internals if any of you have the E-Bike ones. They are 34mm ID but run the 32mm Internals as the tube walls are thicker

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

Thanks for the rather convenient PSA! I’m totally hacked off with trying to service and now fix my Evo O/C cartridge, covered in oil, lost the tiny spring and BB somewhere in the garage, the compression assembly has come apart and apparently needs peening and loctiting to fix!…sod it. Ordered one of these:

34 Float 29″ 130 Grip Perf 51 Off-Set Boost Federgabel 2017-Werk

Andy, I think that’s the same as you are describing and hoping that a 140mm turns up (How did you know yours was 140 mm by the way?).

Anyone know if the 29er fork can be upgraded to 150 mm or is it 140 mm tops?

ryu1720
    Free Member

So it seems they have sorted their listings out now and are still listing the 29er 34 perf grip 130mm at €280 so another set ordered based on Andy’s success and this time correct confirmation email has come through .fingers crossed for next week

nt80085

My 29er 34mm 130mm Boost perf forks came through as 140mm and the 27.5 32mm Perf elite 120mm came through as 130mm. Too much of a bargain to send back tho.

Andy

Paul@RTW – Member

34 Float 29″ 130 Grip Perf 51 Off-Set Boost Federgabel 2017-Werk
    Andy, I think that’s the same as you are describing and hoping that a 140mm turns up (How did you know yours was 140 mm by the way?).

Yep that sounds what I got. I measured the stanchions at 140 so assumed they were 140mm travel. Ridefox only list the 29er 34 Performance fork in 140, although these are OEM so 130 might exist OEM

First ride on them this morning, and really pleased with how they handle. Oh and the stwnchions now measure 136mm 😕

bigjim

couldn’t resist those non ebike ones ^^, will need to buy a boost adapter kit too but the non boost ebike ones are one seriously heavy fork.

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

@bigjim: Mojo/Silverfish told me that for the 34 the Ebike ones are 200g heavier. That puts them at 2kg- the same as many other burly forks. My BOS Devilles were that I’m sure.

Not that hefty really. I hope not anyway

bigjim

Based on the normal ones being 1900 I thought a bit higher, but I just don’t want to make my bike any heavier than it is really. Downside of big wheels is heavy tyres forks etc. Far too lazy to do a press up instead.

gaidong
    Free Member

My Rhythm arrived last night. Stealth rather than green decals, for which breach of contract I shall not be posting dry-humping photos

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

@gaidong: they emailed me to say mine had purple decals instead of white as shown. They asked what decal kit I wanted and have send a decal kit too me as well.

gaidong
    Free Member

Thanks Yeti. I’m happy with the stealth, the green would probably never have matched.

kelvin

Mine also stealth, I chose matte. Perhaps the green decals are on the gloss version.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘PSA Fox Sale’ is closed to new replies.