Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • PSA: For those going to Aldi tomorrow…
  • Scamper
    Free Member

Got my £16 red outer jacket today, so I can blend in with all the other dads this weekend at Cannock.

Their mint lamb shanks above are certainly worth a punt too.

ski
    Free Member

What are the latest batch of socks like?

soma_rich
    Free Member

Socks look good to me even had a water repellent coating, I dont think they have done that before…

M6TTF
    Free Member

Tool kit not worth bothering with then?

eightyeight
    Free Member

I bought the tool kit, I think it’s a decent nab for the bits you get. And though it might not be quite as high quality as other stuff, it’s hardly going to break on you!

mikeconnor
    Free Member

I get satisfaction in taking my Lidl carriers to other supermarkets, especially Waitrose

Ha ha! Not just me then?

Lidl bags are becomeing quite trendy here in Stoke newington. i think it’s ‘post ironic’ or something.

One day i simply must visit Harrods with my shoppin in Lidls bags. I wonder what the reaction would be?

druidh
    Free Member

How do you wash them then?

Jamie
    Free Member

Bought a pair of gloves, why I don’t know as I already have 2x pairs of Aldi winter gloves, a blue winter jacket, a crate of Carlsberg Export, some waffles, chocolate peanut brittle and some lamb shanks to be able to use my £5 off voucher 8)

I returned the jacket though, as my 3 yr old Aldi one is just cut better and does not seem to have Dallas 80’s style shoulders on it. Also, going to get a decent running jacket and just use that on the occasional winter road rides.

I also picked up another copy of The Mirror and used more vouchers to get some half price giant choc buttons and more lamb shanks. I gave the random stranger in front of me the extra £5 off £35 voucher. Which gave me a warm fuzzy feeling.

zilog6128

One day i simply must visit Harrods with my shoppin in Lidls bags. I wonder what the reaction would be?

I always do the Waitrose shop with my Sports Direct re-usable bags. Fortunately they are too classy to comment! 😆

_tom_
    Free Member

Might get some of the winter gloves if there are any left on Saturday.. are they actually any good or is something like the Madison winter glove worth the extra money?

Jamie
    Free Member

I have used them the last few winters. For £5 they are very hard to beat. They do get a bit sweaty if it’s not cold enough.

mikeconnor
    Free Member

I always do the Waitrose shop with my Sports Direct re-usable bags. Fortunately they are too classy to comment!

I don’t understand the snobbery towars certain shops at all. Some of the wealthiest people I know shop in Lidls and Aldi. And i know people who turn their noses up at those shops, yet are always complaining of having no money. Probably because they’ve spent it all in Waitrose! It’s silly.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Opened tool kit for a gander. The term 1000 pound bike 5 pound tool kit come to mind. It couldnt have been much more crap if it tried.

Gloves feel fine , bought 2 pairs as ive worn out 1 set from las year and my other set is on last legs

Other than that the clothing was largely garbage – tried on the jacket – short in body an sleeves and huge around waist an chest.

Used to pick up a few pairs of the overshoes for disposableness but they were garbage this year too . Cleat holes in sOme socks would do same thing.

I do like aldis meat though.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Like others, found the jackets seem cut for someone with a ‘weeble’ figure, all i ended up with were a pair of arm warmers, and my usual shopping

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Bought some lights. The £2.99 ones are fine, a no brainer as spares really but the £6.99 ones are brilliant! The front is actually metal bodied, sealed pretty well and has a really noticeable strobe effect flash. The rear is identical to many cheap rear lights to looks at but again has an off beat strobe effect flash. Even the bracket on the front is good. As commuter lights I’m seriously impressed.

MoreCashThanDash

Gone for socks – last two pairs size 9-11, so Ilkeston is full of people with big feet, and the (itchy) merino top. Didn’t need anything else, still have 2-3 pairs of the gloves from the last couple of years.

Also got the cheap ground coffee, and the little pots of rhubarb fool are too good to miss…..

lunge

I got a pair of gloves(which if they’re as good as last year are very good), some of the tiny lights as a “get me home” and a jacket that I am yet to try in. I will return them if needed.

Also, accidentally, picked up some steak and a bottle of red.

markgravo
    Free Member

Tool kit is good enough to chuck in the boot for emergencies and the gloves are okay for the money.

The Scotchlite spokey dokeys are quite effective.

eightyeight
    Free Member

Markgravo,

That is the most superb light set-up i’ve ever seen!

boblo
    Free Member

Quick PSA, Rapha clothing offer coming up at Waitrose next week….

trail_rat
    Free Member

i think i might nip back for another set of those spoke dokies – got 2 sets already but they only do 1 wheel per pack.

Rubber_Buccaneer

If I see you I will think you have money to waste on carrier bags that are free in other shops. I will probably jump to the conclusion that you drive an Audi estate and read the Guardian too.

tinsy
    Free Member

In aldi fashion can’t you cut corners & make one set of spoke reflectors do 2 wheels?

This morning my wife went down to find the new bike rack in the hall with tiny Tins’s blance bike hanging from it!! The call I got wasn’t too pleasant 🙂

Got lights for wifes n kids, the little light things for me, merino for me, (itchy), socks, a bike lock and the bike tree thing that is destined for the shed. I managed to resit the rest but I may yet regret the winter gloves not sure where my old ones are.

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

Went and picked up some goodies here in Southampton earlier.

Gloves seem ideal and as someone else said, the 6.99 light set is very sturdy and pretty good. Managed to get a set of the small backup 2.99 lights as well. One set left in the basket after me.

Those spoke reflectors were being sold in Lidl earlier this year too, I saw them at the time and bought 2 sets thinking they’d be perfect for the commuter, but forgot that I have Mavic Crossmax wheels on my commuter so they don’t fit 🙄

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘PSA: For those going to Aldi tomorrow…’ is closed to new replies.