Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • PSA: For those going to Aldi tomorrow…
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Apparently there is a £5 off £35 voucher in tomorrow’s Mirror, so your bargaintastic bargains are now even more bargainous.

soma_rich
    Free Member

The mirror you say? Great thanks 🙂

fuzzhead
    Free Member

Do Aldi put their stock out the night before? Thinking of popping in on my way home…

ski
    Free Member

Nice shout Jamie

boblo
    Free Member

But….. Don’t forget the balaclava….it is Aldi you know…. 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

scaredypants

eugghhh – poor people ! 🙁

Solo
    Free Member

eugghhh – poor people !

No, its Jamie. He works for Aldi and is trying to earn promotion.
    😛

kimbers

coolio

boblo
    Free Member

Jamie, you’re in Pbog aren’t you? Aldi in Stanground….? <shudders>

Jamie
    Free Member

Jamie, you’re in Pbog aren’t you? Aldi in Stanground….? <shudders>

I will probably have a look in the one in Bretton, if no joy there, then Stanground later on.

boblo
    Free Member

Good luck. Are you going in disguise? 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

Good luck. Are you going in disguise?

Hell no! I am always in Aldi getting my cheap waffles and pickled cucumbers 😀

mefty
    Free Member

But….. Don’t forget the balaclava….it is Aldi the Mirror you know….

Perhaps?

RustySpanner

We overheard a woman in the checkout queue in Aldi a while ago on the phone:

‘….no, I’ve just popped out to Sainsburys…….’ 😀

Great place, excellent quality, low prices.
    Try the lamb shanks, very nice.

And it’s not usually full of snobs either. 😀

boblo
    Free Member

mefty – Member
    But….. Don’t forget the balaclava….it is Aldi the Mirror you know….
    Perhaps?

Smirks….

cakefacesmallblock

I usually go after the pubs have opened and before they close again 😉

scaredypants

We overheard a woman in the checkout queue in Aldi a while ago on the phone:
    ‘….no, I’ve just popped out to Sainsburys…….’ 😀

I hope you shouted “ALLLDDDDIIIII” down the line

andyl
    Free Member

did she have sainsburys carrier bags with her? 😆

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

I get satisfaction in taking my Lidl carriers to other supermarkets, especially Waitrose (on the rare occasion I go there)

edhornby

and a PSA within a PSA

Toro Loco – tempranillo, 2011, about £3.50 and has beaten wines 10x the price in blind tastings 🙂

br
    Free Member

Often shop in ALDA, and had their Salmon Wellington tonight, pretty good – and even better at £4.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Tried that wine at the weekend. It scooped a silver in a blind tasteIng – sales went up 1000%

Jamie
    Free Member

Tried that wine at the weekend

Any good?

rhyswilliams3
    Free Member

Nah they wouldn’t sell me anything, popped in about 8.20 pm tonight! :/

M6TTF
    Free Member

It was to my untrained red wine palette – I don’t drink a huge amount of red wine but I liked it

RustySpanner

andyl – Member

did she have sainsburys carrier bags with her?

Yes she did. 🙂

We’ve just had the Caprese Pizza tonight (not in the picture, it’s new) – nice, but a bit heavy on the capers, very salty.
    The Mozzarella, Tomato & Basil one is a cracker, highly recommended.

All made in Italy.
    Not bad for £1.99. 😀

M6TTF
    Free Member

Double post

Jamie
    Free Member

An hour between as well. How many bottles of wine did you buy?

Jamie
    Free Member

That was a nice surprise 8)

boblo
    Free Member

Aww Jamie, you have to buy the Mirror and go to Aldi in one day….. I’m off for a ride to try and forget 🙂

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Wow can’t believe you can even spend £35 in Aldi it’s a struggle. I’m a Lidl girl I’m afraid!

althepal

Another PSA within a PSA.. The voucher is in the Daily Record for those of us north of the border..

andyl
    Free Member

Picked up a red jacket – quite nice and should be warm. Decent zips but it’s on the wrong side. Few loose/excess threads but the only other medium left seemed a bit tighter across the chest so they are easy to sort.

Also picked up some trousers – if no good for cycling they will do for lambing and the small lights are great for £2.99. Should have picked up a couple of pairs actually as they are great for emergency ones or strapping to the dogs collar.

Was tempted by a yellow waterproof but spotted one of the oscillating multi-tools and got one of them instead.

For anyone near Weston S-M – still lots of womens pink and mens blue jackets and yellow jackets left. Oh and had a look at the tool kit – was disappointed as it was no where near as good as the old one. Stuff felt much lower quality but it does have a HTII BB spanner but I would rather buy the older kit and a separate good quality BB spanner.

bruneep

Bought 2 pairs of gloves, seem ok won’t know until the next wet ride as to how they perform.

D0NK

Car park test,
    gloves are a little bulky and a bit small inside.
    Compression top seems ok (i was just after a baselayer dunno if this compression stuff does owt) XL certainly is tight on me and I’m not bulky
    Socks claim to be water resistant, hmm, I like their summer socks these are a bit thicker (but not full on wooly size) will see how they fair.

bigblackshed

Compression top fits really well. Normally a XXL. The xl fits like a compression top should and makes cheap and cheerful warm base layers.

The merino top was gash. But for £15 what do you expect?

PS the store was full of cyclists of all shapes and sizes.

willard

Wife went in at lunchtime to pick up some of those blinky band things for the dogs and a jersey or two for me. I got a call from the car park say thing they were completely out of the blinky lights (bloody students) and she had refused to buy the merino shirt because it felt horrible and she thought I wouldn’t like it.

Ah well, there’s always Lidl…

andyl
    Free Member

The merino was only 30% wool and 70% polyester – got a nice load of static when I took it off.

Gloves did feel horrible to me as I hate padded gloves. Seemed well enough made though. I’ve been using cheap fingerless gloves from Aldi for years and they’ve held up fine.

PS loads of those flashy led band things by me. Worth asking someone to pick some up from you if you need some.

chakaping
    Free Member

The Venetian Pinot Noir is very nice too, for the wine lovers among you who might be popping in.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘PSA: For those going to Aldi tomorrow…’ is closed to new replies.