• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • PSA for the parents looking at 24" wheeled bikes
  • garage-dweller

There’s been a few threads on here of late with people looking for 24″ bikes (at least one of which was started by me).

Sorted something yesterday for my eldest. We got a Voodoo Bakka from Halfords for £300. Was allowed to take it boxed after signing paperwork. By taking it straight away and boxed we got £15 of free accessories too.

Now I know there’s not a lot of love for that store on here (and I’d much rather have spent my cash with one of the two fantastic LBS’s who all mine and the kids bikes have come from) but the bike itself feels way lighter than anything else I looked at at that price point, it’s a funky colour and seems pretty decently kitted out.

We’ve swapped the cassette out for an XT 9 speed (in my spares box) and that’s saved a big lump of weight compared to the heavy steel thing that was on there. We’ve also greased and adjusted all the major bearings to get it running nice and smooth. A smaller narrow-wide ring (the boy loves climbing) and tubeless conversion of the wheels will follow over the next few weeks.

Youngest had claimed and ridden off on big brother’s pre-loved Frog 52 within 10 minutes of the Bakka being completed!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘PSA for the parents looking at 24" wheeled bikes’ is closed to new replies.