Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • PSA: For red kite lovers
  • cinnamon_girl

In today’s Sunday Times Magazine are some fantastic pics of red kites.

Take me back to the Chilterns 8)

Davy
    Free Member

I was watching a couple of them circling above my garden this afternoon. Nowhere near the chilterns though…

tankslapper
    Free Member

I live in Powys – don’t need pics! 😉

snaps
    Free Member

Try riding Nant y Arian!

jedi

we had one circling herts shore today.
    usually its buzzards

Surfr
    Free Member

I see them all the time. There’s usually one above the house, but then I’m only 3 miles from Nant.

tankslapper
    Free Member

We have one on the south side of Welshpool….

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

They are now appearing over our quarry in Farnham now, CG….
    🙂

uplink
    Free Member

I often see them when I’m on the AI around Harrowgate/Wetherby

ken_shields
    Free Member

I got stalked by a black kite last year when cycling thro’ a forest in the Vendee in France.

It was probably thinking “that fat git is gonna have a heart attack on the next hill so I’ll get some lunch”

mrsflash
    Free Member

We see them practically every time we leave the house 😀 we live v near Harewood, where they had a major re-introduction programme a few years ago (hence you seeing them around harrogate / wetherby uplink). Fantastic sight.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

we live v near Harewood

Was sat in the in-laws’ garden over the weekend watching them. (They live on the Leeds side of Knaresborough/Harrogate).

For some reason they don’t ever get as far as our house (Pannal Ash) – although I did see a deer running through the field adjoining our house a couple of years ago.

Which was nice.

RepacK
    Free Member

Love those things – like great big swoopy Spitfires… :mrgreen:

zarquon
    Free Member

Spreading right the way across the ridgeway, even starting to see them near Bracknell and Sandhurst. Magnificent sight.

Oce bumped into a guy taking his Eagle for a “walk” in the Chilts, quite a shock seeing how big it was.

timber

I quite liked his picture of the White Park/Dinefwr cow – far rarer to see Wyn breed a good one of them than a red kite 😉

anagallis_arvensis

Went to a game fair at the weekend in Mapledurhum bloke was doing a display flying Golden Eagles etc…. Kites came in for a look but soon buggered off when the Vulture was flying about….**** huge thing.

GrahamS

Spotted several this weekend. They were very tasty too:

zbonty

Not just restricted to the Chilterns. Frequent sights in Reading area/town centre.

Only a matter of time before the chavs take pot shots at them. Too slow moving/low flying to evade the losers

tinker-belle
    Free Member

Saw 40 – 50 of them during a feeding session in Nant-y-arian last week, one of the most amazing sites I have ever seen, almost gave it a miss as I live in the Chilterns and see them every day (take them for granted really – they’re just the most beautiful birds.)

Highly recommended if you happen to be there riding for the day

coffeeking
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

AA, a vulture went walkies from a hawk place near Thruxton a while back.

Quite a sight to see it over the edge of the Plain, I can tell you!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Theres a camp site/breedign center near Rhyadder, hundreds (litteraly) of them.

Our office is level with the tops of the trees in Reading, loads of birds of prey circling overhead, never bothered to work out what they are.

Bunnyhop

A lovely bird indeed.
    The only things that circle our house are buzzards.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘PSA: For red kite lovers’ is closed to new replies.