Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • PSA for Macc based riders
  • cb

Looks like a big Evans is opening up opposite B&Q. Always thought that that empty unit would be perfect for a bike place! Peak CycleSport also seems to have doubled in size, expanding into that outdoor gear shop that just closed down.

carlos
    Free Member

I knew about Peak Cycles but not seen or heard anything about Evans.

Will it be in the what used to be the bedroom (Dreams I think) showroom which is opposite the B&Q carpark Entrance/Exit??

Could be interesting having one of the bigger chain shops open up as apart from Halfords, all the local ones are independant.

cb

Yep – in what was Dreams. If they use the whole thing it should be a pretty big store. They are fitting it out now. I would imagine it being quite a risky undertaking for Peak Cyclesport to take over all that extra space – will be another big shop. They needed some more workshop space though!

carlos
    Free Member

That is going to be a decent sized store then. I wonder how it’ll impact on the independents or Halfords for that matter, they’ve not long revamped the store and it’s now almost more bias to bikes (seems to be 50% floor space is taken up by them anyway)

There are a couple of local mechanics that have poped up recently and seem to be doing Ok, great service and prices that are very reasonable, so unless Evans employ a decent spanner monkey they might struggle in the workshop dept.

Good luck to Peak Cyclestore they are nice chaps but always felt the shop was a bit small for the amount of gear they had in it. The extra space will be well utilised I’d guess with maybe a bigger workshop and bike fit area, even a bigger range of bikes and gear. They do a great Bollington Bikefest event, great route and feed stops.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘PSA for Macc based riders’ is closed to new replies.