Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • psa for dog owners on the south wales coast, heads-up
  • jonahtonto
    Free Member

there is some kind of white fatty substance washing up on the beaches that is really toxic. dogs are dying from eating it.
    my mate just lost his bitch after she ate some at llangenith. she was put down this morning after fighting for her life all night in the vets.

please spread the word

Pigface
    Free Member

Stuff about this on the NRW website.

jonahtonto
    Free Member

im not one to ‘post on’ the endless memes on facebook but i wish i had with this one, my mate may have seen it before taking his dog to work with him.
    just heard off another mate in cornwall that dogs down there have been killed by the same stuff 🙁

bigyinn
    Free Member

Perhaps they could bag it and bin it if they find any?

kcal

seem to recall there was similar stuff washed up several months ago?

jonahtonto
    Free Member

its lots of little lumps bigyinn much like the tiny bits of plastic that wash up, its hard to get them all

bigyinn
    Free Member

Aaaah, sounds nasty though.

How do you prevent dogs hoovering that up then? Muzzle?

andyl
    Free Member

keep and eye out and leave the beach if you spot anything suspicious. Easy to say I know but just like with kids you have to watch them all the time they are somewhere you are not in control of.

jonahtonto
    Free Member

for me prevention is going to involve keeping off the beach when ive got my dog with me.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘psa for dog owners on the south wales coast, heads-up’ is closed to new replies.