Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • PSA for Brighton riders – Stanmer trail sabotage
  • grievoustim
    Free Member

I’ve been avoiding Stanmer recently due to the mud – but finished my ride there this morning as the trails were all lovely and frozen solid

Someone has laid loads of obstacles out on the trail near the top (on the non-big dog side) known as Buzz Lightyear on Strava.

Big logs, bits of the wall etc. They have also made a bit of mess of the 2nd log bridge thing over a fallen tree.

I cleared the worst of it – but had no time to fix the log bridge

The other trails I rode seemed clear – but someone took quite a lot of time to do this and moved some pretty heavy stuff – so there is a good chance the will be back to make more of a mess

screamingtree
    Free Member

Complete bar stewards

wwaswas

bollocks.

thanks Tim – was thinking of heading over there tonight.

Jim_Kirk
    Free Member

cheers tim, Ill mention it to the bton mtb lot tonight and see if we can clear it.

cyclistm
    Free Member

Was out today, lots of logs around, most just a minor hinderance. I cleared as many as I could, left a few that add interest to the ride.
    However, there were some big logs at the bottom of drops and in the landing zone for jumps – I cleared them but be very careful out there.

cyclistm
    Free Member

PS – I saw a couple of dogs around but no owner, I wonder if I caught someone in the act who was hiding?

wwaswas

Was a huge log/part of a tree across Fairy Picnic last night, too.

I cleared it.

rewski
    Free Member

Crazy behaviour, I totally understand people might get a bit miffed with some riders, but to intentially cause serious harm is just madness, was happening up on north downs near marden park woldingham for a while, I assumed it was for the mini motorbikes that were popular a few years back.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘PSA for Brighton riders – Stanmer trail sabotage’ is closed to new replies.