Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • PSA for board-gamers (or the BG-curious)
  • Cougar

Four quid nets you a fistful of stone cold classics (and a couple I’ve never heard of).

https://www.humblebundle.com/mobile/board-games-mobile-bundle

nixie

Smells like a scam

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Catan is currently free to play on the PC if you google though it’s a brute of a processor smashing program for some reason
    https://catanuniverse.com/en

Cougar

Smells like a scam

Seriously? Humble have been going for years, I’ve got uncountable titles from them.

nixie

Hmm. Just looks suspicious when there are titles on there that still sell well at a decent price for the physical game.

Northwind

mikewsmith – Member

it’s a brute of a processor smashing program for some reason

The AI is having trouble deciding where to move the robber

Cougar

Hmm. Just looks suspicious when there are titles on there that still sell well at a decent price for the physical game.

They’re not exactly bleeding edge titles though. Catan’s over 10 years old, Scotland Yard is 80s at least I think.

It’s not a scam, trust me.

chvck
    Free Member

It’s not a scam, trust me.

+1, definitely isn’t.

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Looks like a cracking deal, but I don’t have any android devices. Any other way to play them?

What are you guys playing them on, phones, tablets, other? Would seem like screen size is key?

GregMay
    Free Member

I’d have gone with this except I don’t have an Android device any more. Oh well, best play physical copy of Catan instead 🙂

cokie

Great deal! Shame it won’t work on IOS

Cougar

Any other way to play them?

Not under this particular deal, to my knowledge.

zilog6128

Great deal! Shame it won’t work on IOS

Android has always been the poor relation of iOS when it comes to board-gaming (particularly Carcassonne which is about 1% as good on Android!) so they need a little boost every now & again!

I’d actually rather pay full price tbh, as it incentivises the devs to create more apps/content – mobile board gaming is pretty niche and I can’t imagine the profits are huge!

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Z6128 if you like the game, and bought it cheap, there is always “Offers in-app purchases” to top up the dev coffers.

Now where was that tablet recommendation thread…

Cougar

I’d actually rather pay full price tbh, as it incentivises the devs to create more apps/content – mobile board gaming is pretty niche and I can’t imagine the profits are huge!

Humble is “pay what you want” also, so you can pay as much or as little as you want (though there is a minimum amount of just over £4 to get everything). And you’ve got sliders to specify the split as to where that money goes – to the devs, Humble themselves, or charity.

zilog6128

Yeah I’ve bought Humble bundles in the past (always noted that the average paid is more for Mac users, proof that we’re just better people 🙂 ), moot point for me now though as far as board games go as they don’t do them for iOS!

Cougar

always noted that the average paid is more for Mac users, proof that we’re just better people

Proof that you’re richer or more willing to throw money away. (-:

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘PSA for board-gamers (or the BG-curious)’ is closed to new replies.