Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • PSA: Foodies & MTBers, BBC2 A Cook Abroad – Jura
  • jambalaya
    Free Member

I know we are bombarded with TV food programmes but a heads up for something a bit different. This weeks show on the Jura was excellent and show cases the often overlooked Jura region, the food, history and countryside.

There is some excellent MTBing in the Jura from uplifted trails at Metabief where the lifts open in May to XC routes which crisscross the region. Some good rides from St Cergue down to Lake and Col du Jamman at Eastern end too, both with train uplifts. Some nice aerial shots on the programme from above Mont-d’Or overlooking Lake Geneva and to the Alps. Very easy to stop off there on the way to Verbier/Chamonix or PdS as was discussed on another thread recently.

BBC iPlayer: Jura

Will have to catch the others too, Argentina India and Egypt

peteimpreza

The India one was superb, very moving.

DrJ

Yes – excellent programme. Not 100% fan of Monica Galetti, but some fantastic scenery. Now I’ll think about picking up some Mont d’Or on the way home. I’ll look at the wooden strip round it with new appreciation!

simonbowns
    Free Member

ta,noted!

Tracey

We have stopped off for the last ten years for a day or two on our way to Verbier. Will be doing the same this year but in the camper. Already got orders in from work for some cheese.
    Wasn’t sure about the wild boar bit.
    Never managed to get the bikes off as Verbier has always been too tempting.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Foodies & MTBers, BBC2 A Cook Abroad – Jura’ is closed to new replies.