Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • PSA: Flappits closed to Mx/offroading
  • hora
    Free Member

Sad days for lovers of MX/offroading 🙁

redthunder
    Free Member

Boo Hoo.

oxnop
    Free Member

Good

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Why is it good?

Its just going to displace irresponsible idiots to other places.

Dave
    Free Member

So far they're not on the local trails. Quarry up on fly flatts seems to be where the serious trials boys have headed.

hora
    Free Member

Its just going to displace irresponsible idiots to other places.

agree, plus live and let live with normal folk who like to ride

john_drummer
    Free Member

when they were using Flappit, it was a case of "we know where they are and they're not somewhere else", but sadly I think there have been a couple of deaths or major injuries lately, so the H&S bods got involved.

We were on an evening ride about 2 weeks ago & found some MXers in the woods at the bottom of Shipley Glen. Not sure if it's related, or more to the proximity of the local estate…

I'd rather they were up at Flappit TBH

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

live and let live with normal folk who like to ride

You've obviously not had one of your few decent local routes trashed by them. There's a world of difference between two human powered wheels and engine powered ones.

oxnop
    Free Member

I live behind the flappits so know it pretty well, it used to be ok but lately it got too busy to be safe. It was also dangerous for motorcyclists as when the car park was full people started to park on the road, I myself was nearly hit at speed and had to carry out a pretty impressive manouvre on a sports bike I had only had bought that day!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Flappits closed to Mx/offroading’ is closed to new replies.