Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • PSA: Firefox 6.
  • Cougar

Due for public release on Tuesday, but the final release code is available right now if you know where to look.

ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/6.0/win32/en-US/

Enjoy.

stuartm555
    Free Member

Or 2 days ago if you knew where to look 🙂

http://www.engadget.com/2011/08/13/firefox-6-breaks-out-ahead-of-schedule-gets-official-august-16t/

Having said I’ve hardly touched Firefox since Chrome was released

Cougar

Boo. (-:

druidh
    Free Member

Firefox? Is that still around?

johnners
    Free Member

IE6 is where it’s at.

Militant_biker

Meh. Been on FF 6 for a few weeks – signed up for Beta releases or something. It took a while for my favourite add-ons to get compatible before I hit update. All I use it for is Firebug, FireFTP and some download add-on that’s mint for grabbing Mpora vids for watching offline.

Spend most of my time on Chrome 14 or 15. 😛

Xylene
    Free Member

Last incarnation of firefox just went into mental memory leaks on my Win 7 64. I could watch the memory leaking away in task manager

pedalhead
    Free Member

Chrome *15* you say?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Chrome here. Fits in nicely with an android phone. Fire fox is sooo last year.

warton
    Free Member

if i was still web developing i’d probably use FF, but I’m not, so I use Chrome (which may or may not have equally goood dev add ons, i don’t know)

eth3er
    Free Member

Chrome here. FF pretty much reserved for the second e-mail access so I don’t have to log in and out.

chvck
    Free Member

All I use it for is Firebug, FireFTP and some download add-on that’s mint for grabbing Mpora vids for watching offline

Didn’t the main developer for firebug switch over to working on chrome fairly recently anyway? Also, what’s this ere thing for downloading Mpora vids?

cp

Another version?? It seems to have gone 4,5 & now 6 very very quickly…

highclimber
    Free Member

IE6 is where it’s at.

Are you on acid? Get Chrome mate, you’ll never look back!

johnners
    Free Member

Get Chrome mate, you’ll never look back!

No chance, I’m not one of these “early adopters”. I’ll let you lot do the live testing and I’ll be along in a decade or so.

ratherbeintobago

Does it support full screen on Lion?

Andy

jon1973
    Free Member

IE6 is where it’s at.

Are you on acid?

I suspect he was joking. We’ve only just upgraded from ie6 at work.

Militant_biker

chvck – http://www.downloadhelper.net/ Ugly website – handy add-on. Basically grabs whatever video is being streamed via a Flash or HTML5 player.

I’ll have to look into “Firebug” on Chrome. Thanks!

Pedalhead – yep – it’s the canary build where they try out new stuff to see if it kills Chrome

verses

Chrome has a lot of the Firebug features built in;

Spanner icon -> Tools -> Developer Tools

Dibbs
    Free Member

We’ve only just upgraded from ie6 at work.

I wish we had. 🙁

Militant_biker

Chrome has a lot of the Firebug features built in;

Spanner icon -> Tools -> Developer ToolsQuite right 😳 I find it under View > Developer > Developer Tools, and also have ‘inspect element’ in the contextual menu. Thanks!

More importantly though – I am an idiot and I was getting confused with which bit was which in Firefox 😳 What I actually meant was the Web Developer Toolbar, not Firebug.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I’m sure Firefox will be along shortlly to tell us all to update for some deep technical reason like they never promised us stability was the reason it was great in the first place.

RealMan
    Free Member

I’ve had Firefox 5 since it came out, and I don’t think it’s ever crashed on me, except for once when trying to load a specific website (which also crashed Chrome when I tried it on that).

Just spent some time today trying to use Chrome (again), but it’s just too annoying. There’s so many basic features it doesn’t have, or that just don’t work in the way I think they should. I’ll get Firefox 6, mostly because every time I’ve updated Firefox, it’s got better, even though I never thought it needed to. Don’t have any reason to change, so I’ll stick with it.

Karinofnine

I’m interested that you find Firefox ok. I loved it until it went from 3 upwards, now my laptop freezes when I’m on the internet, even thuogh I’ve uninstalled FF and am using IE (boo to IE). I’ve done a disk clean up too. Looks like I’ll have to wipe everything off and start again. Nuisance.

RealMan
    Free Member

Been running firefox 6 for about a week now. Seems exactly the same as 5, just a bit quicker perhaps. Think they’ve changed a few things I don’t use, like tab grouping.

samuri
    Free Member

I presume the same people who have problems with Firefox are the same ones who have problems with Windows. Both have always been great for me.

RealMan
    Free Member

+1, windows 7 is awesome.

BoardinBob

I’m on a beta of Firefox 7 and it’s no different to 5

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Lynx is where it’s at.

brakes
    Free Member

I’m on Netscape Navigator 1.0
    bow down

Sandwich

Mosaic here, navigator 1 was too advanced for me!

Trekster

I have`nt a clue about any of that ^^^^^^^^^^ 🙁

retro83
    Free Member

schrickvr6 – Member
    Lynx is where it’s at.

fsck off, s’all about wget and manual parsing 8)

razor1548
    Free Member

Anyone for WINCIM? 🙂

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Firefox 6.’ is closed to new replies.