Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • PSA – Finisterre Matanuska Weatherproof Hooded Jacket £43.50
  • Dangerboy
    Free Member

Bargain!
    Only really the flint ones left in sensible sizes though…

nbt

where dat then? link would be useful!

matt_outandabout

Some great prices there – shame I am mr normal ‘L’ and it has all sold out…

iDave
    Free Member

Cool, job done – I got a Large matt??

Bregante

erm, is it a secret? 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

http://www.finisterreuk.com/technicalsurfapparel/mens-sale.php

You could google it like what I just done for i is clever innit

sweepy
    Free Member

Bise gilet for thirty notes including P&P, GET IN!

Thanks for posting that, I unsubscribed to their email a couple of weeks ago so i’d have missed out.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

do these pack down really small as thinking would be ideal for bivvy trips??

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

WOw they’ve got some good deals on the ladies as well! They have that waterproof coat that looks ace .. I just don’t need another coat .. although it could be a smart waterproof coat for work … mm am I trying to persuade myself here!! Those gilets look good as well but I certainly don’t need one of those.

sweepy
    Free Member

Valleydaddy, watch the vid on the bise, packs into its own pocket. not microscopic but pretty compact.

vinnyeh

Thanks.

headfirst
    Free Member

cheers, just got a etbicoke jacket. Nice one!

valleydaddy
    Free Member

me too just ordered a Etobicoke Insulation Jacket awesome cheers dangerboy superb PSA

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

But £5 P&P and that’s on a 3-5 day delivery …. that’s just annoying and a rip off.

Junkyard
    Free Member

tis but given the reduction it still makes for a cheap product.

colonelwax
    Free Member

Ordered an Etibioke (or however you spell it) Monday lunchtime, used the 3-5 day delivery, and it arrived on Tuesday. Really impressed, bargain too.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

But £5 P&P and that’s on a 3-5 day delivery …. that’s just annoying and a rip off.

better than sticking on the product price, was £4 until recently

the final sale prices are very cheap, I bought at 50% off and thought I had a good deal, kit quality is excellent

anonymouse
    Free Member

Anabatic for £90 ordered this morning (watertightsteal offer code).Bargain.

fbk
    Free Member

Never heard of them before – is their stuff really that good?

Just wondering 🙂

atlaz
    Free Member

I like the fact the models they have make it looks like they’re some sort of ideal clothing type for the wilderness inclined mod.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Ordered an Etibioke (or however you spell it) Monday lunchtime, used the 3-5 day delivery, and it arrived on Tuesday. Really impressed, bargain too

me too but mine is not here …when is it ok to start calling them thieving shysters?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

“Better than sticking it on the price of the product”? no .. was going to buy a £6 t-shirt thought “that’s good value” .. mm not when you add £5 p&p on, however I imagine if it was £11 I would’ve thought it was okay. £5 they are clearly making additional money and it’s a con! Sorry JMO

big_n_daft
    Free Member

it’s the same cost no matter the size of the order, ergo for small orders it’s disproportionate

I’m not sure how something thats highlighted on most pages of the website is a “con”.

just because a company doesn’t operate P&P like CRC and co isn’t a sign of a “con”. They are doing give away sale prices and you focus on the simplistic P&P (£5 fits all) as sign of a “con”

I just think it encorages reasonable order values and probably minimises overheads

was going to buy a £6 t-shirt thought “that’s good value” .. mm not when you add £5 p&p on, however I imagine if it was £11 I would’ve thought it was okay

didn’t want a Tshirt for £6 +£5, but would have bought at £11? 🙄

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

“Better than sticking it on the price of the product”? no .. was going to buy a £6 t-shirt thought “that’s good value” .. mm not when you add £5 p&p on, however I imagine if it was £11 I would’ve thought it was okay. £5 they are clearly making additional money and it’s a con! Sorry JMO

Some people…..have you looked at the cost of postage lately? The base price for a second class parcel with Royal Mail is £4.41 and I suspect Finnesterre are not big enough to get a significant bulk discount. Add on some cost for the packaging and they’re probably making a loss at £5.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

By the way, Matanuska jacket is nice. It’s polycotton washed in Nikwax so is only shower resistant and doesn’t pack up that small but it’s nicely made. Comes up small though – I’m in a size up from normal.

iDave
    Free Member

Mine just arrived and my half price anabatic should arrive tomorrow 😀

Love finisterre stuff – just about the only brand I’m a whore for

Junkyard
    Free Member

thing with free portage is we kind of expect it but ythe article doe as nto wrap itself propel itself to the post office attach the stamp and it cost of zero to the business. CRC and others have built the cost into the price you pay it is not in any sense free though it is fairer for smaller items like your £6 t-shirt.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I’m not asking for free postage I hate websites where postage isn’t included. you see seomthing think that’s great then it’s an extra £5 on top. that’s what I’m saying not that it should be free.

cynic-al
    Free Member

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Crikey. Anybody would have thought that Finisterre was a very small, enthusiast-run company with overheads that happens to be making a good product.

I’m going to give all my money to Vodafone instead.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

cynic-al

is that available on a Tshirt?

vinnyeh

I’m not asking for free postage I hate websites where postage isn’t included. you see seomthing think that’s great then it’s an extra £5 on top. that’s what I’m saying not that it should be free.

See, that’s glass half empty thinking.
    If you bought two items, the p+p is halved, and you’ve further discounted the sale price of each. 😆

On the other hand, with crc et al, they’ve had to build an average p+p cost into the price of each unit, so you pay the full amount with each purchase, whether you buy one item, or one hundred. Buying two widgets in one order is only increasing their profits over buying one widget twice, instead of them sharing the discount on postage by returning a share of their decreased costs. I think. 😐

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Crikey yup storm in a tea cup! I think you can deduce from my posts that I’m a tight wad …. 😉 so Finisterre not getting my money, but don’t worry Pimpmaster, Vodfone won’t be either. 😉

sweepy
    Free Member

If you were a real tightwad you would not miss a good deal cos of the way the price is broken down.

headfirst
    Free Member

Ordered an Etibioke (or however you spell it) Monday lunchtime, used the 3-5 day delivery, and it arrived on Tuesday. Really impressed, bargain too

me too but mine is not here …when is it ok to start calling them thieving shysters?

still waiting here too, I WANT IT NOW NOW NOW! 👿

theiving shyst….or is it still too early?

headfirst
    Free Member

I spoke too soon!
    It’s just arrived!!
    It’s great!!!
    It’s so light!!!!
    It make me look sexier!!!!! 8)
    !!!!!!! 😀

anto164
    Free Member

I ordered 2 merino baselayers which were in stock monday morning.. Still no sign.. 🙁

Junkyard
    Free Member

mine arrived late afternoon small fots me perfectly good price and amsing how warm and windproof it is for size /weight

valleydaddy
    Free Member

just got my Etobicoke Insulation Jacket really toasty bargain thanks OP

anonymouse
    Free Member

Now where’s my Anabatic? I’ve got a long run on Sunday and was looking forward to newfound dryness. Ah well.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Finisterre Matanuska Weatherproof Hooded Jacket £43.50’ is closed to new replies.