Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • PSA – expensive watch content/aviation geek content
  • Riksbar

Watch with part of a Hurricane in it. I don’t normally have watch envy, but now I have.

MrSmith
    Free Member

When they do one with a bit of metal from Lady Di’s Ford Fiesta let me know.

lunge

Ahh, I remember the days when Christopher Ward offered very nice, well made watches for not much money. In fact, I am wearing one right now. Seems that has changed quite a lot.

RicB

Lunge- completely agree.

Bought my Dad a c3 chronic and it’s excellent value- sapphire glass etc. Very pleased

Bought myself an auto C60 and it had to go back three times because bits kept falling off (bezel, lume pip etc) and was losing 2-3mins per day. In the end I got a refund and bought a Longines Hydroconquest for pretty much the same money and the quality is miles better.

Chris Ward customer service is excellent though!

Bremont did something similar using bits of HMS Victory a few years ago, although I think that was >£12k

km79
    Free Member

That comes across as a more expensive type of tacky tourist tat.

Klunk
    Free Member

the metal in my watch was formed at the center of a star.

onandon
    Free Member

Christopher Ward Watches were only just worth their price when the brand started. They always planned to jack up their prices once they’d established themselves in the market.

£250 they were ok. £700+ is a total joke.

RicB

That’s a bit harsh. A properly built automatic C60 is worth £450ish imo

unovolo
    Free Member

Doesnt look much better or fancy that a similar looking AVI-8 watch for a fraction of the price.

I appreciate the movement is higher quality but the none of the watch as a whole looks like a watch worthy of 2.5K asking price, can see some serious depreciation being incurred by anyone who risks purchase at full price.

CountZero

the metal in my watch was formed at the center of a star.

We are all stardust… 😉

ourmaninthenorth

No, no and no.

I mean that makes a Bremont seem almost good value..!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘PSA – expensive watch content/aviation geek content’ is closed to new replies.