• This topic has 32 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • PSA: Endomondo Pro
  • druidh
    Free Member

Although it would appear to have gone out of fashion here with the STW racing brigade, Endomondo are celebrating their 10,000,000th user by offering the Pro app cheap this week. £1 I believe.

druidh
    Free Member

Ah – they’ve done the dollar conversion properly this time!

zbonty

I used to love using Endo (back when I could ride. Sniff) I would
    Have paid for it then. £1 is ok if it works though.

It just stopped working properly on my iphone 3GS last summer.

soma_rich
    Free Member

I have had Endo Pro for about a year now, and love the stats and details it gives you!

TheFopster
    Free Member

Thanks for that – will upgrade now!

ampthill

So what are you getting over and above the normal Edmondo

I normally use Sports Tracker….

GrahamS

So what are you getting over and above the normal Edmondo

Not much. I upgraded from the free version last time they had an offer like this, but there was nothing in the pro version I actually wanted.

From the iTunes description:

PRO features:
    – Interval programs: Choose from 3 programs or create your own with time & distance intervals (NEW)
    – Graphs: View graphs with your lap times, heart rate, speed and altitude throughout the workout
    – Beat yourself: Set a previous workout as your goal and the audio coach will help you perform better this time
    – Time goal: Choose a duration for your workout and the audio coach will help you reach the time goal
    – Calorie goal: Set a calorie goal for your workout and the audio coach will guide you

I guess the graphs were nice to have. I’ve never used Beat Yourself as I have my commute plotted as a route and just use “Follow A Route” to try to beat the Route Champion (which is me obviously, as it is a private route).

Calorie/Time Goal and Interval Training are way too much like exercise for my liking.

Rio

Good call, was just about to go out for a run, will upgrade first!

ampthill

Graham S thanks. Sounds like its not a bargain

OTH I think at $10 Back Country navigator is as it allows free caching OS maps on WI FI at home….

GrahamS

Sounds like its not a bargain

Well… I’m not sure that 69p for GPS tracking software with live mapping, voice coaching and automatic online logging of all rides can ever really be considered hugely expensive 😀

http://theoatmeal.com/blog/apps

Rickos
    Free Member

Cheers druidh.

I’ve given up on Strava seeing as you can’t make rides private and use your own private segments together. Just upgraded and it was 81 pence.

ampthill

Trouble is that I’m getting what I need for free else where….

I meant “sounds like its not a bargain for me”

jimmy

Gotta love Blackberry, sorry RIM *snigger*.

I get an email saying “Endomondo Pro $1!”.

OK, go to AppWorld – Endomondo pro for £1. Still, better than £4…

*click buy*

Thanks! How would you like to pay £4? Paypal or other?

Errm, it says £1 and its usually charged through my mobile bill if you could please… please? Hello? Arrghhh 🙁

robsoctane
    Free Member

I just forget to use it *paid version* most of the time, always have my phone though… Must say something 😐

GrahamS

I meant “sounds like its not a bargain for me”

I was just teasing. But does Sports Tracker have a website part to it where you can see your rides, long term stats, friends rides and take part in challenges (like the monthly STW ones)?

If not then maybe that is the extra that Endo gives you over Sports Tracker (though you get all that with the free Endo app anyway).

aphex_2k
    Free Member

mapmyride does.

dh
    Free Member

i think the pro version enables the low-power gps mode option, so it doesn’t drain the battery in your phone so quickly.

GrahamS

i think the pro version enables the low-power gps mode option, so it doesn’t drain the battery in your phone so quickly.

Not on iPhone, but possibly on Android.

mapmyride does.

True. I used that for a bit before switching to Endo.
    Quite liked it. Good reports. Bit buggy though and everyone seemed to be on Endo.

atlaz
    Free Member

I’ve given up on Strava seeing as you can’t make rides private and use your own private segments together. Just upgraded and it was 81 pence.

Errr… que? You can. If you’re using it on a phone you might need to do it on the website but I use a Garmin so no idea but you can DEFINITELY do all that.

dh
    Free Member

Android Pro

PRO features:
    * Interval programs: Choose from three programs or create your own and let the audio coach guide you
    * Graphs: View graphs with your lap times, heart rate, speed and altitude throughout the workout
    * Beat yourself: Set a previous workout as your goal and the audio coach will help you perform better this time
    * Low power mode: Increase the battery standby time by using this feature for long workouts
    * Time goal: Choose a duration for your workout and the audio coach will help you reach the time goal
    * Calorie goal: Set a calorie goal for your workout and the audio coach will guide you

Iphone Pro

PRO features:
    – Interval programs: Choose from 3 programs or create your own with time & distance intervals (NEW)
    – Graphs: View graphs with your lap times, heart rate, speed and altitude throughout the workout
    – Beat yourself: Set a previous workout as your goal and the audio coach will help you perform better this time
    – Time goal: Choose a duration for your workout and the audio coach will help you reach the time goal
    – Calorie goal: Set a calorie goal for your workout and the audio coach will guide you

crispo
    Free Member

Does that mean if you get Pro you finally get graphs showing distance vs altitude rather than time vs altitude?

Thats one thing with Endo that bugs me.

GrahamS

Does that mean if you get Pro you finally get graphs showing distance vs altitude rather than time vs altitude?

Nah, it just means that the app now shows the same two graphs that appear at the bottom of a ride map on the website: line graph with speed and altitude over time, and bar graph with “lap” times.

Altitude over Distance is apparently a “Planned” feature. You can lend your support by voting for it here: https://getsatisfaction.com/endomondo/topics/workout_graph_plot_could_show_data_plotted_vs_distance_and_not_only_time

Low Power mode

Be warned that my mate tried using this on his ‘droid and got terrible traces as a result.

GrahamS

Hope all you gadget fiends are also running the Samsung Hope Relay app – to give £1 to charity for every mile you ride.

See http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/give-1-to-charity-for-every-mile-you-cycle-samsung-hope-relay-2012

brassneck

I bought it (for £2.69 a couple of weeks ago, bah!) as Sports Tracker was getting increasingly unreliable on iPhone – for even what I paid I’ve no complaints. HRM intergration seems to rely on a pretty expensive belt which is a shame, unless someone can point me to a cheap one, but this is an iPhone issue rather than Endomondo, think SportsTracker was the same.

Does anyone know how the altitude gain is calculated? Is it from the mapping? Always feels like it’s over stating, not in a ‘Calories Used’ way where it’s bleedin obviously way out, but just appears I do more climbing than I would expect when comparing local routes with routes in magazines/sportive reports/whatever.

andytherocketeer

Can’t be from mapping. Mine appears to have a 50 or 100m offset, compared to the value I calibrate my Garmin too (read from Google maps terrain view).

Total altitude gain/loss is another discussion – and there’s at least 1 thread on here about it. In summary every service will come up with a different number, even if it was from exactly the same GPX/TCX/etc. file.

GrahamS

I think it is probably just using the GPS altitude data – which is never going to be very accurate without a proper altimeter on board.

Rickos
    Free Member

atlaz – it picks up my times on a private segment when I do a private ride, but it doesn’t update my own leaderboard, so I can’t see if I went faster or not without trawling back all the rides that may have done that segment. Strava confirmed this when I asked them.

Much of my stuff is a bit cheeky, so I’d rather make my rides private, or at least only viewable by friends. I’d previously set private segments on Strava, but I can’t really use them properly without having all my rides viewable by any Tom, Dick or Harry that logs into Strava.

GrahamS

Nice Endomondo Infographics here: http://blog.endomondo.com/2012/06/27/endomondo-by-the-numbers/

10 million users, 320 million miles tracked, 22% of workouts were cycling.

GrahamS

crispo: Good news.

Endomondo just updated their website and you can now toggle between distance and time on the x-axis. 😀

Still in beta according to the getsatisfaction thread above, but seems to work fine for me. Hopefully they’ll update the apps to do the same thing.

DezB
    Free Member

You bump this and it’s no longer a quid! Swine!

Re: that cartoon – I got my iPhone and iPad FREE hahaha!

GrahamS

Oops, sorry about that. But as I said there is really nothing in the Pro version that you really need.

I got my iPhone and iPad FREE hahaha!

Nice! Can you get me a couple?

DezB
    Free Member

I’ll ask 😉

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Endomondo Pro’ is closed to new replies.