Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • PSA: Easy Cycling Guide in The Times today
  • cinnamon_girl

An 8 page supplement and guess what bike is on the cover? 😉

A mixture of British countryside and seaside rides together with info on where to stay and eat.

Some cool gear featured too. 🙂

totalshell

times was free on monday.. took about 4 hours to read every word, ( whilst in the a&e) great read tbh learnt some stuff debunked some previously believed stuff so i spent the 1.50 today and will read sunday pm whilst lunch roasts.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

I was meant to contribute to that but on the day the journo got in touch, my gran died and I was in the midst of moving flats. 🙁

CG, is there any mention of tattoos in it? *waiting on my 15mins of fame for being a female cyclist with bike related tattoo*

Jamie
    Free Member

CG, is there any mention of tattoos in it? *waiting on my 15mins of fame for being a female cyclist with bike related tattoo*

Scotland, Wales and NI routes are in next weeks paper, DGOAB.

globalti
    Free Member

Gave up The Times 4 years ago when we got fed up with reading a scandal rag for adults.

It’s a bit late in the season for a feature on cycling, isn’t it?

Jamie
    Free Member

It seems to be mostly a puff piece to fill the paper to be honest. Still, its’s better than their last attempt.

cinnamon_girl

Dirtygirl – I shall look forward to next week’s with interest! How will you cope with fame? Will it change your life? 😉

Jamie – less cynicism please! Surely it’s good that folk can have their eyes opened to the opportunities that exist?

globalti – it’s not that bad. The Sports section section often has some good features and interviews, including Paul Kimmage, who can speak with authority. It’s really a pretty pro-cycling newspaper.

colournoise

Jamie – Member
    It seems to be mostly a puff piece to fill the paper to be honest. Still, its’s better than their last attempt.

Heehee. Missed that. Still, nice to know my commute to and from work (I teach at that school) takes in the 5th best riding in the country!

slainte 😀 rob

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

CG, It’s maybe not going to be part of this series then as it wasn’t regional, the piece was a general bit about cycling trends etc. Was gutted I don’t live in London as I missed out on a photoshoot for it, that’d have been proper 15mins of fame! 🙂 I’m a bit manic ATM with moving/family stuff but I’ll mail you on fb when I get a chance about your other thread. Happy cycling til then 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Easy Cycling Guide in The Times today’ is closed to new replies.