Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • PSA: DT 350 ratchet rear hubs £69 at CRC (142 x 12/ Sram XD driver/ 6 bolt disc)
  • milfordvet
    Free Member
    bruneep

What do we think 18 0r 36 ratchet?

Worth it for spare xd hub and ratchet

catfishsalesco
    Free Member

I would say 18T- I don’t think the 240s even come with the 36T ratchet as standard, seems to be about a 70£ upgrade by itself at the moment.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nixie

Sure I came across some 52t ones branded as bontrager the other day for around £40.

honourablegeorge

Dammit. Didn’t need those. Got the front too

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

142 is dead then

Northwind

nixie – Member

Sure I came across some 52t ones branded as bontrager the other day for around £40.

They’re £40 each usually, you need a pair

Tracey

Was lookin for hubs for a spare new build . Good psa. Now what rims. XM 481 or 511. Anyone know the difference and preference

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

511 is around 50gms heavier, meant to be slightly tougher that 481. Both 30mm wide i think

nixie

Must resist. Don’t need more hubs!

nixie

And failed. Now what to use it on.

Can’t see that there is any loss even if it’s just sold I’m again.

sillysilly
    Free Member

Used to have this combo, it was awesome. Deserves a good rim – DT EX471 maybe for a bargain upgrade 🙂

catfishsalesco
    Free Member

36t ratchet 70£ ish from the Germans..

vincienup
    Free Member

Almost bought one then remembered I don’t have any 142×12 anymore 🙂

Mind, it’s almost worth it for the XD freehub…

bentudder

I’ve been looking around for some decent hubs, so thank you for the PSA, Milford. Much appreciated.
    Only catch is that I’m still on Shimano 10sp for the time being, so I need to track down the right freehub. Anyone out there interested in some sort of swappage? It looks like XD drivers are pretty spendy compared to the basic three pawl Shimano freehub. Is that the case?
    I’m also on the lookout for a 20 / 120 and 15 / 100 front hub, as this’ll likely be a wheel set for something with 20/110 Revelations. on the front which I may change over to something more recent.

nixie

The 15mm hub is also on sale.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

If only they had 150 flava

Andy

I have one here. If anyone has any questions? Bought last week when they came on sale at £58. Price seems to have gone up now. I also bought the front hub, but sadly some crappy cheap 10 speed cassette arrived in a bag labeled “DT Swiss 350 front hub” Waiting for CRC to send me the correct front hub.

nixie

Damn that’s a good deal Andy.

bentudder

I’ve done the same, Andy. 350 XD rear, 15mm front, albeit for just under a ton with the current discount.
    Everything I’ve see suggests I can’t turn a 15mm 350 into a 20mm 350. I’ve got one pair of Revs with a 20mm thru axle, and one with 15mm, so something easily adapted would be ideal for swapping wheels between bikes.

lesshaste

thanks for the psa, anyone want to swap my new xd driver freehub and 142mm axle and caps for 135mm axle, qr caps and shimano freehub?

Tracey

Mine have been posted. Think Im going to go with the new DT Swiss EX511 on the build. Do they come with the nipples or are they extra

honourablegeorge

511s come with nipples

Got my hubs – got a standard freehub instead of XD, gah. Returns it is.

Stevet1
    Free Member

got a standard freehub instead of XD, gah. Returns it is.

Swap with lesshaste above??

nixie

I’d probably also swap.

honourablegeorge

Ah – sorry both, I went straight to post office to return it. I’m in Ireland anyhow, so swapping by post probably not that cost effective.

Tracey

Min has arrived this morning wanted the XD freehub but ended up with the standard hub. Any one want to swap before I return it

munrobiker
    Free Member

Out of interest, anyone end up with an XD freehub they would want to swap for a Shimano one?

lesshaste

Sorry, already sent mine off to Northwind.

ChrisA
    Free Member

I’m after a Shimano freehub version if anyone wants to sell a hub rather then sending it back??

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘PSA: DT 350 ratchet rear hubs £69 at CRC (142 x 12/ Sram XD driver/ 6 bolt disc)’ is closed to new replies.