Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • PSA double and bash slx cranks £47
  • nosedive
    Free Member

Bonkers deal and perfect for 1 x with a middle chain ring position

http://www.merlincycles.com/shimano-slx-m665-9-speed-double-bash-chainset-45625.html

nosedive
    Free Member

And 5% off a £75 basket with code merlin5

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Wow that’s a bargin!

mcnultycop

Only 175 though.

nosedive
    Free Member

I needed a bottom bracket and ended up buying this instead, chainrings are worth £30. The cranks are practically free

bigdean

You absoulte arse! I really didnt need them but last set were £80 and worked great.

Order placed, deliver to work and sneak into the garage.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Seem to remember these having an issue running anything less than a 34 or 36t on the outer ring. Anyone confirm that?

nosedive
    Free Member

Ive only ever run them with the supplied 36 but the spacing looks identical to a shimano set on my spesh thats running a 34 nw. I would guess they would be fine down to a 32 as thats what the triple shipped with bit i cant be sure

Edit – ignore me, im using the middle position, no idea how the outer position works with a smaller ring

deviant
    Free Member

Good PSA, these were genuinely bombproof and were cruelly culled by Shimano to make way for Zee components.

I’ve ordered a set, they say 9 speed but I know they run 10 speed no bother….nice close ratio 11-32 cassette on the back and that’s a lovely drivetrain….of course it’s not fashionably 1x but I couldn’t care less, the Shimano press fit BB went into my Trance last week….I’d been dithering over sticking to 2×10 or going 1×11 but this has just made my mind up for me!

jakd95
    Free Member

Been umming and ahhing about getting some new cranks, this made my mind up. Just ordered some, thanks!

joshvegas
    Free Member

I ordered a bb to go with… I’m an idiot.

perthmtb
    Free Member

Repeating my comment from the other PSA thread for these: Excellent cranks, will run fine with both 9sp and 10sp, but just be aware that the fitting for the outer ring was modified slightly for the non-standard size bash these cranks come with. You can still fit standard rings or an aftermarket bash in the outer position, but there will be a gap of a couple of mm between it and the spider.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Well f*#k it, just ordered some for my winter build. Quidco gives a few % as well. BB can go in the for sale or ebay.

m0rk
    Free Member

My neighbours turned up today.. Looks like a nice bit of kit for £47!

About to impulse buy myself

chip
    Free Member

Why the hell did I buy one of these, I have xt cranks on my good bikes and alivio on my commuter and mud bike so I can use the life time supply of un55s I have amassed.

It would not be so bad but I have only rid a bike once in the past four months due to depression.
    On the bright side the fact I am wasting money on bike parts I am pretty sure I will never use may be a sign I am getting better. 😀

Mackem

PSA of the year – cheers.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Top cranks, I’ve got the later ones now but I ran this type for 5 years and they were faultless up to the point I foolishly to them loose and knackered the splines.

devs
    Free Member

Well that’s 2 sets I’ve just bought. Thanks. My Tallboy will not be going 1x? for a long time yet 🙂

mulacs

Did anyone get a bottom bracket with theirs? None in the box here, yet advert states it’s included… 🙁

deviant
    Free Member

BB came with mine.

As others said, PSA of the year so far, fitted them last night and my Trance is going to flipping bombproof the way the build’s going so far!…now to wait until WorksComponents have another sale on, since seeing Chris Porter’s Geometron i quite fancy going slacker than the 66 degree HA the bike currently has…

….i’m thinking the standard rear 140mm DW/Maestro for decent pedalling with 160mm forks and a 64 degree HA!

I’m hoping it’ll convince me i dont need a DH bike and will save me several thousands of pounds?!

jamiep
    Free Member

BB included in the same bubble wrap as the left crankarm

nedrapier

balls, no 170s

jaylittle
    Free Member

The PSA’s are getting the better of me at the moment, bought one of these for my Norco (as jamiep said the BB was also included in the bubble wrap in the non drive side arm).

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘PSA double and bash slx cranks £47’ is closed to new replies.