Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • PSA: Debate on making cycling safer
  • binners

On Five Live now

scaredypants

Have you been down & set off the fire alarm, binners ?

pedalhead
    Free Member

sabotage by anti-cycling nutters? 🙂 Shame, it was getting interesting.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Compulsory Registration and number plates for pedestrians.

binners

scaredypants – bang to rights guv! 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

Mostly cyclists’ fault according to one bell end.

These show are not worth listening to.

aracer
    Free Member

It’s just so predictable 😥

…actually scratch that – some very sensible comments now.

aracer
    Free Member

Oh we’ve got a good one now – complaining about cyclists coming up on his inside and having to jump onto the pavement to avoid him when he’s turning left 🙄

binners

Blimey. Far from conforming to cliches, it seems London cabbies and van drivers are a measured, rational and thoughtful lot, aren’t they?

I wonder if any of them make it to 40 without having a massive coronary? Or their head exploding mid rant?

scaredypants

LOLing at the pompey van driver
    “when I half overtake them & turn left, they nearly crash into me !”

D0NK

“when I half overtake them & turn left, they nearly crash into me !”

glad I’m not listening think I’d be foaming at the mouth. What a tool.

D0NK

it’s depressing, was at a do with a mate at weekend, he thinks cyclists are dicks and shouldn’t be on the road. I’ve been through it all before trying to explain primary position, tell him to stop being a div, he doesn’t listen, I’ve given up now, some people just won’t change.

He was even moaning about the upcoming olympic cyling being on telly, this is a man who fishes and he reckons no one wants to watch olympic velodrome racing! (not that I wanna watch but I’m pretty sure there’ll be quite a few Joe Public watching)

aracer
    Free Member

His previous comment was complaining about cyclists racing down the road at 30mph keeping up with him (treating the road as a race track apparently).

He actually claimed to be a cyclist 😯

aracer
    Free Member

He was even moaning about the upcoming olympic cyling being on telly, this is a man who fishes

I wonder what his thoughts are on canoeists!

wors

mate at weekend, he thinks cyclists are dicks

He should be an ex mate

this is a man who fishes

Where?, please tell.

AlexSimon

I’m not listening, but that quote above almost sounds like a cyclist doing an impression of a van driver in order to make them sound like idiots. Good work if it is!

loum
    Free Member

Five live debates always seem to have the same blokes on them.
    I’m sure that van driver was just as angry about bankers last week.

scaredypants

I’m not listening, but that quote above almost sounds like a cyclist doing an impression of a van driver in order to make them sound like idiots. Good work if it is!

Not verbatim, I admit 😳 but then that would’ve had to be a wing up; this was genuine I’m sure – he made no connection between “them going as fast as his va(y)n”, him overtaking when “turning left in 100 yards” and “nearly hit me”

aracer
    Free Member

If it was an act, it was an extremely good one.

GrahamS

I wonder if the Commons cycling debate will run along the same lines 😀

D0NK

He should be an ex mate

as far as I know he doesn’t do anything stupid or dangerous around cyclists but he does take delight in overtaking and then pulling in an inch from the kerb when queueing (I calmly told him I’d just go round on the right if it was me) and moans about cyclists in the pub. Other than that he’s OK, I’m friends with others who like cyclists but have more pressing personality disorders 🙂

thomthumb
    Free Member

as far as I know he doesn’t do anything stupid or dangerous around cyclists but he does take delight in overtaking and then pulling in an inch from the kerb when queueing (I calmly told him I’d just go round on the right if it was me)

i’d take delight in going up the inside scratching the f— out of it then riding off. 😀

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Debate on making cycling safer’ is closed to new replies.