• This topic has 30 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by iainc.
Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • PSA – Dare2b cycling jackets sale (massive reductions)
  • baroman
    Free Member

The jacket featured in this weeks fresh goods can be bought for just 35 quid in hiviz yellow from the factory direct outlet. http://www.dare2b.com/reverence-waterproof-jacket-neon-green-0-16.html if you enter the voucher code INTROAW16 you may get a further 20% off the price. Nice winter commuter jacket. Bargain.

fisha
    Free Member

Nice one. That’s the exactly what I was looking for. Code works too.

nickjb
    Free Member

There’s some very cheap shell jackets on there too.

cdoc
    Free Member

Damnit! Just bought one a couple of months ago for eighty quid..
    Very nice, btw.

tish
    Free Member

Thanks baroman, gotta be worth a try at that price.

cloudnine
    Free Member
    iainc

Nice one, ordered 🙂

How do they size up ?

reformedfatty
    Free Member

Having got one of these the last time they came up for 30 quid a few years ago (psa was again on here), I wouldn’t rate them all that much. I’d say 70 quid rrp would have been more realistic as an indicator of quality. Fit wise a tad small, I’m a 42″ chest, 6ft and a large was ok but not really big enough for lots of air circulation beneath

Scamper
    Free Member

Tough enough for trail riding?

vongassit
    Free Member

Didn’t really need one , bought it anyway : )

Thank you

cloudnine
    Free Member

8.4% Cashback on TCB too

csb

Didn’t need either got both!

flap_jack
    Free Member

Thanks ! Lots of bargains…

walla24
    Free Member

legend thanks bro

bigdaddy

Damn it out of stock now!

natrix
    Free Member

Just got two kids cycling waterproofs, down from £30 to £10 each – bargain :mrgreen:

wombat

Just took delivery of a Caliber II jacket in Skydiver Blue.

Decent quality, fits well, seems tough enough to deal with the odd branch/undergrowth interface. Well worth £23 delivered.

ads678

I just bought the red version of the jacket in the OP for £35, and some 3/4 shorts for £13, and a hi viz gillet for £9.

Costs me a fortune coming on here……..

benp1

I’ve always considered dare2b stuff to be in the Mountain Warehouse/Regatta/Peter Storm league – fair?

tmb467
    Free Member

Fair – given that regatta own them

I’ve had a go outdoors own brand softshell that was great and only £45, so I’m not expecting great things from this but at £35 I’ll be happy if it keeps me dry and warm whilst commuting

wombat

Benp1.

Pretty fair but with all these things I think it’s a case of ignoring the alleged RRP or previous price and deciding if its worth (to you) what the current price is.

I don’t think the Caliber jacket is worth to me the (I think) £40 original price but for £20 plus postage I think its good value.

richmars

Mine’s just arrived and (without wearing it in the rain) it looks pretty good. Some nice features (removable hood, rear light pocket). I’ll use it as a winter commuting jacket, not just when its raining. As above, not £100+ worth but well worth £25.

Mackem

I got a Dare2B jacket about 4 years ago for about 25 quid, it’s been good.
    I ended up buying two pairs of (non-cycling) shorts in the above sale.

fisha
    Free Member

Mine arrived today also. Very pleased for the price

csb

Sizing is a bit on the lean size isn’t it. Or I’m fatter than I recall!

cloudnine
    Free Member

Pleased with the cheap down jacket (ethically sourced down too). Could have done with a better zip, drawstring and a wired hood but for £33 it’s great.

iainc

neon green one turned up yesterday. Seems an ok piece of kit, and certainly worth the £30 cost. It’s pretty heavy and bulky and certainly wouldn’t be packable, but will be handy for the odd foul weather trundle or spin with the kids. I wouldn’t say it was worth a lot more than £40 though…

spawnofyorkshire

Dare2b, Craghoppers and Regatta are all the same firm.
    Mountain Warehouse are kind of similar, but only if you like things in shades of brown/dark green/navy blue, however I think the quality is worse than those three above.

I’ve a few bits of Dare2b stuff and just ordered some more shorts in the sale. Quite like the bright colours and the 4-way stretch so i can wear them climbing

iainc

Thread resurrection ! I bought one of these and wore yesterday for first time, but not a great fit on me. So if anyone wants a Large neon green one it’s on the classifieds 😀

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Buy cheap, buy twice Mr C.

iainc

I didn’t need it but bought for a look, but yes, you are quite correct. Wore it coaching at Riderz yesterday and it’s nice and warm but a bit bulky for me.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Dare2b cycling jackets sale (massive reductions)’ is closed to new replies.