Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • PSA: Danny Baker returns to the radio – NOW
  • chakaping
    Free Member

Listen here

Enjoy!

Edit: He’s been off with cancer for a few months, for those unaware.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

TBH, I’ve preferred Gary Crowley doing the show; better music, and less inane self-indulgent boring chatter.

All the best to Danny though.

Eddie Nestor and Robert Elms are the best on BBC London. I used to enjoy Big George of an evening, but now it’s that Joanne Goode, and she can be really, really irritating so I don’t bother any more.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Thanks. I can now make sure I avoid that pillock.

bullheart
    Free Member

TBH, I’ve preferred Gary Crowley doing the show; better music, and less inane self-indulgent boring chatter.

Tell me you’re kidding? 😯

Gary Crowley is shitehawk of the highest order. Robert Elms is who Gary Crowley wished he was. Instead he’s a breathy, opinionless easily swayed gimp.

chakaping
    Free Member

less inane self-indulgent boring chatter.

Humour is subjective of course, but those are pretty close to the words I’d have chosen to describe Robert Elms. As well as “pompous” and “professional cockney”.

Can see why you might like him though.

Crowley did alright once he hit his stride and I didn’t mind not hearing Dan’s dire C&W tunes, I must admit.

So good to have him back though.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Wash your mahf ahyt anyway what do you know you sarf London slaaayg!

Cowley’s good. Danny Baker just wibble son about stuff that amuses himself all the time, and his show is quite boring really. Dumbed down lowest common denominator stuff. Crowley’s improved it no end.

Eddie Nestor’s good cos you can email the show to take the pee, and his co-presenter will read them out with glee, and he gets in a huff. 😀

Can’t stand Felch. Clever woman and that, but just can’t stand her ‘style’.

chakaping
    Free Member

bullheart – I know Crowley comes across as being a bit green, but he had the toughest gig in showbiz following DB.

It’s like getting Vernon Kay to present Newsnight.

chakaping
    Free Member

Danny Baker just wibble son about stuff that amuses himself all the time

Agreed.

Dumbed down lowest common denominator stuff.

Hardly. I’m actually going 😯 reading that.

Vanessa is utterly horrible, yes.

Pigface
    Free Member

Danny Baker just wibble son about stuff that amuses himself all the time

Elf that sounds just like you 😀

curtisthecat
    Free Member

Robert Elms is my favourite presenter on the radio. He plays good music and has really interesting guests/topics. Can’t see why people see him as pompous though, he seems pretty down to earth when I have spoken to him.
    The absolute worst presenter was Lisa L’anson. Lasted about five minutes. She kept having her coke head mate… Tara Tomkywonkson prattling on about crap.
    Jo Goode seems to fill that roll now.
    Danny Baker is ok at times but starts to grate.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Humour is subjective of course, but those are pretty close to the words I’d have chosen to describe Robert Elms. As well as “pompous” and “professional cockney”.

Can see why you might like him though.

I like him because he gets up[ the noses of stuck up gits like you! 😀

‘Professional Cockney’?? WTF is that sposed to mean? Oh, because he hasn’t adopted a more ‘suitable’ accent, and he’s actually proud to be a Londoner? Sorry, is that not allowed or something?

I like him because he has similar interests to myself, namely London, cycling, architecture, culture and that. And I think you couldn’t be more wrong in your view of him. ‘Pompous’?? Explain please.

bullheart
    Free Member

Elms is great; I know what you mean about the ‘Cockernay’ moniker but at least his knowledge has depth.

Crowley sounds like he’s having a hand shandy. All the time.

Feltz makes me piss myself; that woman makes talking about yourself an art form. I’ve never heard anyone love the sound of their own voice as much.

Example:

VF: “Hello lovely listener, you’ve called in to talk about your child’s school packed lunch, yes?”

Listener: “Yeah, what I wanted to say is that-

VF: “..Of course it’s every parents worst nightmare to have to go around Waitrose looking at the contents of the most delicious snacks and wondering wistfully as to whether to include the small packet of raisins in order to counteract the malevolent evils of the small chocolatey goodness that is a penguin bar and then the dilemma of which crisps will complement the earthy flavour of the organic crisps and when my beautiful daughter whos now studying law at oxbridge for some reason even though we warned her about the perils of moving away and blah blah blah (drone for another five minutes)….”

Listener: CLICK.

Hatchet-faced mare.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Heh! 😆

That’s actually spot-on, Bully!

Whjy haven’t you replied to my emails about stuff? 😐

bullheart
    Free Member

And Jo Goode is a retard.

Having said that, no-one makes me laugh more than James Whale on LBC. He’s just a idiotic bigot. It’s Daily Mail FM.

EDIT: What emails? Let me look…

bullheart
    Free Member

There aren’t any recent ones… 😕

Try thebullheart@gmail.com

bullheart
    Free Member

Heh!

That’s actually spot-on, Bully!

Sometimes I like to think of myself as ‘Elf-Lite’… 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Sometimes I like to think of myself as ‘Elf-Lite’

Have you ever actually met the Elfinman ?

……no elf could ever come any lighter.

chakaping
    Free Member

And I think you couldn’t be more wrong in your view of him. ‘Pompous’?? Explain please.

I shall try.

I’ve listened to BBC London (and London Live and GLR) for years and used to be a big fan of Elmsy, but over the years I’ve noticed his manner change.

He’s become more sure of himself and his own tastes and opinions, which have also become more predictable and less interesting.

He lays the cockneyness on much more thickly than he used to, tries to put his own opinions in the mouths of his guests more than he used to – and appears to consider himself to be a sort of London institution.

Like when he was trying to get a blue plaque erected to his favourite cricketer and banged on about it for ages – expecting English Heritage to roll over and break their own rules because he was asking.

Now, I think I have made a decent stab of defending my position on Elmsy.

Would you care to back-up your frankly ludicrous assertion that Danny Baker’s broadcasting is “lowest common denominator”?

bullheart
    Free Member

Have you ever actually met the Elfinman ?

Oh yes. On a number of occasions. Including the infamous ‘Black Dog’ incident at Swinley…

Maybe Diet-Elf then? All of the comedy, none of the vitriol.

Actually I’ve just re-read my posts here. Full Elf it is… 😳

bullheart
    Free Member

And I like DB. He’s Millwall!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I too have bin listening to Robert Elms for a number of years, and think you’re wrong. I think you’re just getting a bit old and grumpy. 😉

I don’t even see Elms as a ‘Cockney’. He’s just a bloke with a London accent. Anyway he’s from North West London so woon’t be a ‘Cockney’ anyway.

I think he’s open, honest and really quite humble, so the opposite to what you find. He knows his stuff re London, which is what makes him interesting.

He’s become more sure of himself and his own tastes and opinions

So who doesn’t, as they get older? 😕 I thought it was called ‘confidence’, but there you go.

Danny Baker’s stuff is just a bit too predictable and puréed, really. Same tired old crap jokes and memes, that he seems to think are really hilarious and clever. He relies far too heavily on his sycophantic co-presenters, Amy Lame and that Balun bloke. And you think Elms is a ‘Professional Cockney’? A very apt term for Baker, really, certainly in his younger days. Funny how he’s now got a far more ‘refined’ accent.

Also funny how your criticism of Elms applies far more accurately to Baker really.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

That dog; no-one believed me, but then it appeared!

Stupid flipping mutt. Nearly ran it over three times. Shooduv had a go at the bloke who it belonged to, letting it run about like that causing a danger to cyclists. Some people are just so selfish.

I mean, it cooduv bitten an Elf’s face….. 😯

chakaping
    Free Member

Have you started having a conversation with yourself?

I think we’re going to have to agree to differ on the relative merits of our respective favourite radio deejays, but…

So who doesn’t, as they get older? I thought it was called ‘confidence’, but there you go.

Personally I think that I’ve become more open to new ideas and ways of looking at things as I’ve got older, less sure that I always know best.

We are all different though, thankfully.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Danny Baker returns to the radio – NOW’ is closed to new replies.