Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • PSA: cruds new roadie guards @£22
  • boxelder

absolutecycles on ebay. post free.

fbk
    Free Member

Ribble have got them for a similar price but if you buy them as part of a £50 spend, you get them for £19.50 🙂

zaskar
    Free Member

Hmmm!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

yes, but do they work?

I like the idea, but I was brought up on the idea that mudguards had to be big, heavy things that bolted to the frame and had heavy steel rods holding them off the wheel. As a result I hate them with a passion. Is it possible that all the metalwork isnt needed?

foxyrider
    Free Member

bought mine 2 weeks ago but no rain so have not tried them yet 😉

Vortexracing

fitted mine and they are great, in as much as no rubbing etc.

no rain to try them as of yet just like FoxyRider.

but TBH I can't see why they wouldn't work

STATO
    Free Member

big, heavy things that bolted to the frame and had heavy steel rods holding them off the wheel. As a result I hate them with a passion.

I dont think any of the modern SKS ones are really that heavy, and these CRUD ones have just replace the metal rod with plastic (which will prob break before the SKS ones) so not really that different. The main advantage with these, and the reason im going to get some, is they fit bikes without mounts and tight tolerances.

The real reason STW'ers need to buy them is cos MrCrud came on here a few months back asking for ideas/help so essentially they are a STW-derived product* (*not really but it'll sell a few im sure LOL!)

scotia
    Free Member

mr spoon…What??

foxyrider
    Free Member

Yup the SKS race guards are only half guards as I have them as well and a bugger to fit – the rods are glass impregnated and feel very strong – they are supposed to snap if they get caught in the spokes etc if you get a stone trapped d.t. the narrow guard to tyre gaps. Look good but as I said haven't fitted them yet – much better to not ride with guards so thats why I have not bothered to fit them yet but had a bargin voucher available and ordered them for £20!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘PSA: cruds new roadie guards @£22’ is closed to new replies.